District college notebook: UPG's Niemiec, Downey named top athletes
College Football Videos
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee at Pitt-Greensburg named juniors Jeremy Niemiec (Southmoreland) and Tiffanni Downey (Derry) as the top male and female athletes in the fall.
Niemiec earned first-team soccer honors in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference. He scored seven goals and had 16 points. He earned second-team honors as a freshman and sophomore.
Downey earned second-team all-conference honors after scoring 25 points, including 12 goals. She had four game-winning goals in conference action.
Seton Hill's Alviani honored
Seton Hill senior basketball player Paige Alviani was named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference West Player of the Week.
Alviani averaged 22.7 points per game and six rebounds in helping Seton Hill to a 3-0 start.
She scored 25 points in wins against West Virginia Tech and Shepherd. She had 18 points against the University of Sciences and Technology.
Seton Hill midfielders honored
Seton Hill midfielder Dilveer Chaggar and forward Bovey Masiole were named to the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference All-Conference soccer second team. Masiole finished with 17 points, including seven goals, while Chaggar had two goals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District roundup: Slippery Rock beat IUP, snaps losing streak
- Freeport grad Turner is leader among Presidents
- Jeannette grad, Mount Union not taking opponent lightly in ‘mismatch”
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- District football preview: The Rock, IUP look to keep pace in PSAC West
- After long wait to be a starter, Forsythe producing big yards for Waynesburg
- Valley grad Brennan leads W&J tennis team into PAC finals
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week