District college notebook: UPG's Niemiec, Downey named top athletes
College Football Videos
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee at Pitt-Greensburg named juniors Jeremy Niemiec (Southmoreland) and Tiffanni Downey (Derry) as the top male and female athletes in the fall.
Niemiec earned first-team soccer honors in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference. He scored seven goals and had 16 points. He earned second-team honors as a freshman and sophomore.
Downey earned second-team all-conference honors after scoring 25 points, including 12 goals. She had four game-winning goals in conference action.
Seton Hill's Alviani honored
Seton Hill senior basketball player Paige Alviani was named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference West Player of the Week.
Alviani averaged 22.7 points per game and six rebounds in helping Seton Hill to a 3-0 start.
She scored 25 points in wins against West Virginia Tech and Shepherd. She had 18 points against the University of Sciences and Technology.
Seton Hill midfielders honored
Seton Hill midfielder Dilveer Chaggar and forward Bovey Masiole were named to the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference All-Conference soccer second team. Masiole finished with 17 points, including seven goals, while Chaggar had two goals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Discipline key as Seton-La Salle product balances CMU football, academics
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- Penn Hills grad returns from injury to help nationally ranked Wingate volleyball
- Campus clippings: Keeper Daughtry scores a goal for Waynesburg
- Seton Hill women look to improve on 5-win PSAC season
- Campus clippings: Cratsenberg has 17-tackle game for VMI
- Jeannette grad ends St. Vincent football career in style