Cal U volleyball set for Atlantic Regional
College Football Videos
The Cal U volleyball team has earned an at-large berth and the third seed in the Atlantic Regional of the NCAA Tournament.
The Vulcans (28-8), making their 10th consecutive tournament appearance, will face sixth-seeded Gannon (20-13) in the first round. The teams split a pair of matches during the regular season, with each team winning on its home court. Under third-year head coach Peter Letourneau, the Vulcans enter the NCAA Tournament with an 8-4 mark against teams in the post-season field.
Wheeling Jesuit earned the top seed and will host the eight-team regional tournament Dec. 5-7 for the second straight year.
The inaugural champions in the Mountain East Conference, the Cardinals (34-5) will face eighth-seeded and two-time defending Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association champion Fayetteville State (19-7) in the opening round. Other first-round matches are second-seeded Clarion (31-4) versus seventh-seeded Seton Hill (26-11) and fourth-seeded Shippensburg (28-9) against fifth-seeded PSAC champion Pitt-Johnstown (26-10).
Start times and other information related to the regional tournament will be announced later. The winner from the Atlantic Region will face the champion from the Southeast Region in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament Dec. 12 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates