Cal U volleyball set for Atlantic Regional
College Football Videos
The Cal U volleyball team has earned an at-large berth and the third seed in the Atlantic Regional of the NCAA Tournament.
The Vulcans (28-8), making their 10th consecutive tournament appearance, will face sixth-seeded Gannon (20-13) in the first round. The teams split a pair of matches during the regular season, with each team winning on its home court. Under third-year head coach Peter Letourneau, the Vulcans enter the NCAA Tournament with an 8-4 mark against teams in the post-season field.
Wheeling Jesuit earned the top seed and will host the eight-team regional tournament Dec. 5-7 for the second straight year.
The inaugural champions in the Mountain East Conference, the Cardinals (34-5) will face eighth-seeded and two-time defending Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association champion Fayetteville State (19-7) in the opening round. Other first-round matches are second-seeded Clarion (31-4) versus seventh-seeded Seton Hill (26-11) and fourth-seeded Shippensburg (28-9) against fifth-seeded PSAC champion Pitt-Johnstown (26-10).
Start times and other information related to the regional tournament will be announced later. The winner from the Atlantic Region will face the champion from the Southeast Region in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament Dec. 12 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- College notes: St. Vincent men win PAC tournament
- St. Vincent men, La Roche women open NCAA D-III tourney Friday
- Point Park basketball player finds home-court advantage
- District college notes: St. Vincent women open PAC tournament Friday
- W&J softball team likes underdog role
- Campus clippings: Edinboro’s Schrecongost bound for D-II nationals
- Cal U women hope to end Gannon hex tonight