PS New Ken falls to Slippery Rock
College Football Videos
Penn State New Kensington dropped its eighth straight game, falling at NCAA Division II Slippery Rock, 80-41, on Monday night in nonconference play.
Rock guard Maxx Rynd had 13 points, seven rebounds and four assists in his first career start. Three other Slippery Rock (8-2) players scored in double figures, including Maurice Lewis-Brooks with 16 points.
Tim Jones scored a team-high 13 points for Penn State New Kensigton (1-8). Matt Sutton added 10 points.
PSNK shot 13 for 50 from the floor and was outrebounded 49-24.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: Winnik nice, but not enough for Penguins
- Steelers restructure Gilbert, Mitchell contracts; Pouncey close
- Bettman `intrigued’ by possible outdoor game at Beaver Stadium
- Woman charged for holding teen drinking party after video found at Penn-Trafford
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features
- Pennsylvania House passes liquor system privatization bill
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Penguins finally find way to beat Capitals
- School aide accused of throwing shoe at Penn-Trafford special-needs student, causing brush burn
- Pirates notebook: Nutting expects club to win division title
- Penguins add scoring depth by dealing for Maple Leafs’ Winnik