Penn State New Kensington men fall in opener of road trip
College Football Videos
The Penn State New Kensington men's basketball team braved the wintry weather during a cross-state trip, but when it entered Penn State Lehigh Valley's gymnasium, it encountered a downpour of 3-pointers.
The local Lions (1-6) watched as their opponents made 16 of 28 attempts from beyond the arc in a 95-63 road loss Friday night. Lehigh Valley (3-4) led 49-28 at halftime and finished better than 50 percent (37 of 66) from the field.
Daryl Harrington had a well-rounded performance in the Penn State University Athletic Conference game. He posted six points, nine rebounds and seven assists. Jordan Williams came off the bench to lead PSNK with 21 points, 12 of which came on 3-pointers.
Jeff Garner shined in Lehigh Valley's shooting display with a 6-for-8 performance from 3-point range. Anthony Belluci made 5 of 9 shots from beyond the arc, and Shane Schmidt made all three of his attempts from downtown. Garner's 18 points led a trio of double-digit scorers.
PSNK will remain on the east side of the state to play Penn State York at 3 p.m. Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Kenna honored by ORLC
- Campus clippings: Ailing back doesn’t slow Allegheny’s Killian
- Franklin Regional grad Smith competes at NCAA wrestling tournament
- IUP men win, reach Elite Eight semifinals
- Munhall’s Strom helps Cal (Pa.) rise to the top
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Serra’s Miller thriving at Seton Hill after rough 1st season
- Transfers have helped IUP men advance to D-II Elite Eight
- IUP races to spot in Division II championship game
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- District college notebook: Seton Hill baseball team slugs its way to 6-0 week