Penn State New Kensington men fall in opener of road trip
College Football Videos
The Penn State New Kensington men's basketball team braved the wintry weather during a cross-state trip, but when it entered Penn State Lehigh Valley's gymnasium, it encountered a downpour of 3-pointers.
The local Lions (1-6) watched as their opponents made 16 of 28 attempts from beyond the arc in a 95-63 road loss Friday night. Lehigh Valley (3-4) led 49-28 at halftime and finished better than 50 percent (37 of 66) from the field.
Daryl Harrington had a well-rounded performance in the Penn State University Athletic Conference game. He posted six points, nine rebounds and seven assists. Jordan Williams came off the bench to lead PSNK with 21 points, 12 of which came on 3-pointers.
Jeff Garner shined in Lehigh Valley's shooting display with a 6-for-8 performance from 3-point range. Anthony Belluci made 5 of 9 shots from beyond the arc, and Shane Schmidt made all three of his attempts from downtown. Garner's 18 points led a trio of double-digit scorers.
PSNK will remain on the east side of the state to play Penn State York at 3 p.m. Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- Penn Hills grad returns from injury to help nationally ranked Wingate volleyball
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Seton Hill women look to improve on 5-win PSAC season
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- Campus clippings: Keeper Daughtry scores a goal for Waynesburg
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC
- District college basketball preview: IUP, Lombardi a perfect fit
- District college roundup: Waynesburg hands playoff-bound W&J first loss