St. Vincent guard Turner ties free throw record
College Football Videos
St. Vincent senior guard Isaac Turner tied a school record with 18 free throws and reached the 1,000-point career mark in the Bearcats' 96-89 victory against Westminster College in a Presidents' Athletic Conference game on Saturday.
Turner was 18 for 18 from the line, tying the mark of Tony Washam in 2004. Turner ended up with 27 points and has 1,014 points.
Dillon Stith scored 25 points and pulled in 11 rebounds, and Sean Kett had 19 points.
St. Vincent is 7-2 overall and 1-0 in the conference.
Mathers sets mark
Taylor Mathers set a new school record for blocked shots in a game while leading the St. Vincent women's basketball team to an 82-70 victory against Westminster in a Presidents' Athletic Conference game.
The Laurel Highlands graduate ended up with 20 points, 16 rebounds and the new record of nine blocked shots.
Ella Collins had a career-high 26 points for the Bearcats, who are 4-2 overall and 2-0 in the conference.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus clippings: Knoch product Sanks wastes no time at EKU
- District roundup: Duquesne puts scare into Buffalo
- Bush excited for position switch at St. Francis (Pa.)
- Freeport twins take same collegiate path
- Robert Morris falls to Eastern Kentucky in Banaszak’s coaching debut
- PSAC West schools commonly outspend eastern foes
- PSAC coaches recruit more than athletes