St. Vincent senior Wirkowski plays in All-American Bowl
College Football Videos
St. Vincent senior defensive back Dan Wirkowski played in the All-American Bowl on Dec. 28 at Minneapolis. He was one of three players from the Presidents' Athletic Conference.
Wirkowski was an All-PAC second-team all-star. He finished with nine interceptions and 155 tackles.
The other PAC players were Westminster quarterback Dak Birt and Washington & Jefferson wide receiver Alex Baroffio.
Bearcat hoopers back in action
The St. Vincent men's basketball team returns to action Thursday with a game 7 p.m. at Penn State-Fayette.
The Bearcats (8-2) are riding a four-game winning streak. They already own a 93-73 win against Penn State-Fayette.
St. Vincent returns to Presidents' Athletic Conference action Saturday at home against Grove City.
Isaac Turner leads the Bearcats with 21.4 points per game. Dillon Stith follows with an 18.4 average and Sean Kett 11.8.
The Bearcats are missing forward Grant Latus, who is sidelined with an injury.
WCCC looking for a couple coaches
Westmoreland County Community College men's basketball coach Andrew Colosimo and men's and women's soccer coach Tom Kennedy have told the school they will not return after the 2013-14 season.
Colosimo has coached the Wolfpack for five seasons. WCCC is 1-11.
He is stepping down to spend more time with his family.
Kennedy spent three seasons at WCCA.
WCCC hires softball coach
Westmoreland County Community College hired Rachel Jesso to replace Kari Margliotti, who resigned after the 2013 season.
She was a former player at Mt. Union, and she coached at the school when she was injured.
She is a Mt. Pleasant native. She graduated from Mt. Pleasant, where she played shortstop and third base, in 2009. She was a third baseman at Mt. Union.
“It's going to be new for everyone,” Jesso said. “I'm excited about the new challenge.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cal U women’s basketball team, students share grief before game
- Mathers shines for St. Vincent women’s basketball team
- IUP men, women remain among Division II basketball elite
- Local roundup: PSNK men’s basketball team loses to PSU York
- Campus clippings: St. Joseph grad dealing with setback at Westminster
- District college notes: Seton Hill guard earns PSAC honor
- District college notes: SVC track team competes in indoor meet
- District college notebook: Wydo sets Robert Morris hockey points record