District college notebook: Vint becomes RMU women's hockey all-time goal leader
• Robert Morris junior women's hockey player Rebecca Vint broke the program record for career goals with a hat trick in her team's 5-3 loss to Mercyhurst on Saturday. Brianna Delaney (2008-12) held the previous record with 53 goals, and Vint broke that mark with her second goal Saturday. The No. 8 Colonials (20-4-2, 9-2-1) saw their 14-game unbeaten streak end.
• Cal (Pa.) freshman swimmer Braelyn Tracy (Elizabeth Forward) won the 1650 freestyle in a pool-record 17 minutes, 49.79 seconds and also took first in the 500 freestyle to help her team win the four-team Vulcan Invitational.
• Edinboro clinched the Eastern Wrestling League regular-season title with a 29-10 victory over Bloomsburg on Saturday.
• Clarion senior women's basketball player Emma Fickel became the 15th player in school history to surpass 1,000 career points Saturday night.
• Point Park junior point guard Kayla Kiriau was named KIAC Player of the Week after leading the Pioneers to a 3-0 record last week.
• Slippery Rock senior center Maurice Lewis-Briggs had 29 points and 12 rebounds in Saturday's loss to IUP.
• Slippery Rock senior punter James McCombie was a first-team selection on the Don Hansen Division II All-America team. Rock senior wide receiver John Schademan, Cal (Pa.) senior defensive back Dewey McDonald and Gannon senior running back Jansen Jones were third-teamers.
• Duquesne linebacker Aaron Reed (Montour) was named to the College Sports Journal All-Freshman Team.
• Avonworth graduate Tara Gallupe is second on Walsh (Ohio) with 12.8 points per game and ranks first with a 51.6 field-goal percentage.
• Michael Bonelli resigned as Slippery Rock men's soccer coach after four years to take the same position at St. Mary's University in San Antonio.
• Senior Mathis Keita made a contested layup with 2.3 seconds remaining to give the No. 11 Crimson Hawks a 66-64 victory over Slippery Rock on Saturday in a key PSAC West matchup. Marcel Souberbielle had 20 points and nine rebounds for IUP, which was tied with Slippery Rock, Gannon and Mercyhurst atop the division entering Wednesday's games.
• Junior forward Eric Mallinger (Allderdice) had a career-best eight blocks in a 66-39 victory over Geneva on Saturday. Mallinger leads the Presidents' Athletic Conference with 2.9 blocks per game.
• Pittsburgh native Zac Lynch scored his fourth short-handed goal of the season — tying the single-season and career record — to help the Colonials beat Air Force, 5-3, on Saturday. Cody Wydo added his team-leading 16th goal to go with two assists for Robert Morris (8-13-3, 8-6-3 AHA), which is on a five-game unbeaten streak and was named College Hockey News Team of the Week.
• Sophomore Emma Pellicano (Mt. Lebanon) averaged 25.0 points and 10.5 rebounds in two wins last week, including a career-best 28 points in a victory over Oblerin on Sunday. Pellicano is fourth in the NCAC with 15.1 points per game and fifth with 7.6 rebounds per game.
• Sophomore forward Aignee' Freeland had two double-doubles last week, including a 28-point, 12-rebound performance in a victory over Clarion.