RMU pulls past LIU Brooklyn to stay atop NEC
College Football Videos
NEW YORK — Karvel Anderson scored 16 points to lead Robert Morris to a 65-56 win over LIU Brooklyn on Thursday night.
Stephan Hawkins contributed 10 points and Aaron Tate had a career-high 11 rebounds for Robert Morris (13-11, 8-1 Northeast Conference), which hit 23 of 57 from the field to remain atop the NEC standings.
Tied at 24-24 late in the first half, the Colonials broke open the game with an 11-2 run stretching into the second half and capped by a Hawkins layup to build a lead it would protect down the stretch.
LIU Brooklyn (7-15, 2-7) had three fewer turnovers but shot just 32 percent from the field, including 4 of 18 from beyond the arc.
E.J. Reed led the Blackbirds with 14 points and eight rebounds, Troy Joseph added 11 points and Jason Brickman had 11 assists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hampton grad’s return from injury buoys La Roche College womens soccer
- Thomas Jefferson grads competing with new Carlow men’s basketball team
- District college notebook: IUP senior puts Stamp on program
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Thiel big man Mallinger thrives on rejection
- Even while injured, Jeanette’s Edmunds a contributor for St. Vincent football
- Campus clippings: Springdale grad nets All-PAC honors
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- Cal U falls to Findlay after earning No. 22 ranking
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- Penn Hills grad returns from injury to help nationally ranked Wingate volleyball