RMU pulls past LIU Brooklyn to stay atop NEC
College Football Videos
NEW YORK — Karvel Anderson scored 16 points to lead Robert Morris to a 65-56 win over LIU Brooklyn on Thursday night.
Stephan Hawkins contributed 10 points and Aaron Tate had a career-high 11 rebounds for Robert Morris (13-11, 8-1 Northeast Conference), which hit 23 of 57 from the field to remain atop the NEC standings.
Tied at 24-24 late in the first half, the Colonials broke open the game with an 11-2 run stretching into the second half and capped by a Hawkins layup to build a lead it would protect down the stretch.
LIU Brooklyn (7-15, 2-7) had three fewer turnovers but shot just 32 percent from the field, including 4 of 18 from beyond the arc.
E.J. Reed led the Blackbirds with 14 points and eight rebounds, Troy Joseph added 11 points and Jason Brickman had 11 assists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- District football preview: Preseason favorites IUP, Cal (Pa.) still finding full potential
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates
- Seton Hill soccer player owns impressive streak
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House
- District college notebook: Holstrom’s 2 goals in win over UConn helps Penn State set single-game record
- District college notes: GCC grad Stone earns NEC honor