RMU pulls past LIU Brooklyn to stay atop NEC
College Football Videos
NEW YORK — Karvel Anderson scored 16 points to lead Robert Morris to a 65-56 win over LIU Brooklyn on Thursday night.
Stephan Hawkins contributed 10 points and Aaron Tate had a career-high 11 rebounds for Robert Morris (13-11, 8-1 Northeast Conference), which hit 23 of 57 from the field to remain atop the NEC standings.
Tied at 24-24 late in the first half, the Colonials broke open the game with an 11-2 run stretching into the second half and capped by a Hawkins layup to build a lead it would protect down the stretch.
LIU Brooklyn (7-15, 2-7) had three fewer turnovers but shot just 32 percent from the field, including 4 of 18 from beyond the arc.
E.J. Reed led the Blackbirds with 14 points and eight rebounds, Troy Joseph added 11 points and Jason Brickman had 11 assists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: IUP senior nets 1,000th career point
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- Gateway alums make PAC Honor Roll
- Colgate offense topples Robert Morris to win Three Rivers Classic title
- IUP men, women remain among Division II basketball elite
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski swimmers shine at Edinboro
- District college notes: Latrobe grad sets record at Virginia Tech
- Unselfish play helps St. Vincent women to special season
- District college notes: Seton Hill guard earns PSAC honor
- District college notebook: Wydo sets Robert Morris hockey points record
- Mathers shines for St. Vincent women’s basketball team