RMU pulls past LIU Brooklyn to stay atop NEC
College Football Videos
NEW YORK — Karvel Anderson scored 16 points to lead Robert Morris to a 65-56 win over LIU Brooklyn on Thursday night.
Stephan Hawkins contributed 10 points and Aaron Tate had a career-high 11 rebounds for Robert Morris (13-11, 8-1 Northeast Conference), which hit 23 of 57 from the field to remain atop the NEC standings.
Tied at 24-24 late in the first half, the Colonials broke open the game with an 11-2 run stretching into the second half and capped by a Hawkins layup to build a lead it would protect down the stretch.
LIU Brooklyn (7-15, 2-7) had three fewer turnovers but shot just 32 percent from the field, including 4 of 18 from beyond the arc.
E.J. Reed led the Blackbirds with 14 points and eight rebounds, Troy Joseph added 11 points and Jason Brickman had 11 assists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Slippery Rock’s Greene rushes to top of D-II list
- Cal U to open PSAC West play at home
- District college notebook: CMU goalie helps women’s team to No. 4 ranking
- Jeannette grad Craft emerging as a top offensive threat for St. Vincent
- Campus Clippings: Plum graduate Yurovsky thriving for Michigan tennis team
- Jeannette grad relishes St. Vincent football’s first win since 2011
- A-K Valley campus clippings: Ex-Valley standout McNabb enters IUP Hall of Fame
- District college roundup: No. 22 Slippery Rock eases past Seton Hill
- Ruffing blossoms in Washington & Jefferson backfield
- Mars grad returns from injury, shines for Kent State women’s soccer
- District college notebook: St. Vincent men’s soccer rallies for victory