Penn State New Kensington loses 2nd straight
College Football Videos
Penn State New Kensington is holding on to flickering playoff hopes as the regular season grinds to a finish.
After winning three straight games to surge into contention for one of the eight spots in the PSUAC, the local Lions have dropped two straight games, most recently a 80-70 loss Saturday to Penn State Fayette at PSNK.
Matt Sutton scored a game-high 23 points and Gian Karlo-Molina added 20 off the bench, but Penn State New Kensington couldn't overcome a 15-point halftime deficit.
Matt McKenna led a balanced Fayette (11-2, 10-5) attack with 19 points, while Derek Jones added 16 and Dierre Jenkins scored 15.
PSNK (7-13, 6-9) enjoyed a 39-26 advantage on the glass, led by Sutton's game-high 11 rebounds. However, Fayette forced 21 turnovers and committed only 11.
Zack Ziemianski distributed a game-high nine assists for PSNK, while Spencer Perieff and C.J. Gaddis had six apiece to lead Fayette. Perieff also had eight rebounds and Gaddis scored 11 points.
PSNK will look to bounce back when it hosts Penn State Brandywine at 7 p.m. Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: Mars grad Brueckner’s hat trick keys victory
- IUP, Batts win fourth straight
- Springdale grads help lead Point Park soccer program
- No. 25 Slippery Rock wins shootout over Cal (Pa.)
- College notes: PAC honors St. Vincent’s Czapski
- Determination pays off for Ringgold’s Greaves at W&J
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Harbert to retire at end of season