Penn State New Kensington loses 2nd straight
College Football Videos
Penn State New Kensington is holding on to flickering playoff hopes as the regular season grinds to a finish.
After winning three straight games to surge into contention for one of the eight spots in the PSUAC, the local Lions have dropped two straight games, most recently a 80-70 loss Saturday to Penn State Fayette at PSNK.
Matt Sutton scored a game-high 23 points and Gian Karlo-Molina added 20 off the bench, but Penn State New Kensington couldn't overcome a 15-point halftime deficit.
Matt McKenna led a balanced Fayette (11-2, 10-5) attack with 19 points, while Derek Jones added 16 and Dierre Jenkins scored 15.
PSNK (7-13, 6-9) enjoyed a 39-26 advantage on the glass, led by Sutton's game-high 11 rebounds. However, Fayette forced 21 turnovers and committed only 11.
Zack Ziemianski distributed a game-high nine assists for PSNK, while Spencer Perieff and C.J. Gaddis had six apiece to lead Fayette. Perieff also had eight rebounds and Gaddis scored 11 points.
PSNK will look to bounce back when it hosts Penn State Brandywine at 7 p.m. Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- District college notebook: IUP senior nets 1,000th career point
- Jeannette’s Crawford twins finding basketball success with WCCC
- Gateway grad Nosbisch earns PAC, region honors for pool efforts
- Gateway alums make PAC Honor Roll
- District college notes: Seton Hill guard earns PSAC honor
- IUP men, women remain among Division II basketball elite
- Mathers shines for St. Vincent women’s basketball team
- Local roundup: PSNK men’s basketball team loses to PSU York
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski swimmers shine at Edinboro
- District college notes: Latrobe grad sets record at Virginia Tech