RMU staves off St. Francis (Pa.) to move to 10-1 in NEC
College Football Videos
LORETTO, Pa. — Karvel Anderson scored 28 points and made back-to-back pull-up jumpers in the final minutes to allow Robert Morris to hold off St. Francis (Pa.), 66-60.
Though heavily contested, Anderson used his dribble to make room for the second jumper which gave Robert Morris a 58-53 lead with 1:51 to go. Earl Brown made 1 of 2 free throws for St. Francis to cut the deficit to 58-54.
Anderson missed a 3-pointer with 39 seconds left, but Anthony Myers-Pate gathered the offensive rebound, and the Colonials made 8 of 8 free throws from there to retain their top spot in the Northeast Conference.
The Colonials (15-11, 10-1) shot 54.8 percent — paced by Anderson's 11-of-17 performance from the floor — and outrebounded the Red Flash, 32-22.
Earl Brown had 17 points, seven rebounds and three blocks for St. Francis (7-17, 5-6). Stephon Whyatt added 11 points with three 3-pointers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District roundup: Duquesne puts scare into Buffalo
- Freeport twins take same collegiate path
- Washington & Jefferson football team is set to make some D-III history
- Bush excited for position switch at St. Francis (Pa.)
- Robert Morris falls to Eastern Kentucky in Banaszak’s coaching debut
- Cal U coach Kellar enters season with confidence
- PSU Greater Allegheny names Care men’s basketball coach
- Chryst, Franklin and Holgorsen bring unique styles to Pitt, PSU and WVU
- Academics bigger part of PAC’s appeal
- Jeannette grad Cox, Michigan State not looking past season opener