District college notebook: Livramento's career best spurs Gannon men's basketball team
College Football Videos
• Senior forward Rogerio Livramento scored a career-high 25 points to help the Golden Knights defeat No. 7 IUP, 67-62, on Saturday and take over first place in the PSAC West. Junior guard Adam Blazek added 15 points and became the 15th player in school history to surpass 1,000 points. Gannon (16-8, 11-3) completed a season sweep of IUP (20-3, 10-3).
• Sophomore goaltender Terry Shafer made 44 saves for his third career shutout, helping the Colonials beat Niagara, 5-0, on Saturday. Cody Wydo added two assists as Robert Morris (12-14-4, 12-7-4 AHA) bounced back after its nine-game unbeaten streak ended with a 5-3 loss to Niagara on Friday.
Swimming and diving
• Grove City sophomore Megan Bilko (Canon-McMillan) won the 1,650 freestyle in a conference-record time of 17:08.42 and added victories in the 500 freestyle and 400 individual medley to help the Wolverines win the Presidents' Athletic Conference title Saturday. She earned PAC Swimmer of the Year.
• Grove City junior Lauren Cassano (Peters Township) won her third straight conference title in the 200 backstroke.
• Washington & Jefferson junior Jennifer Suder (Seneca Valley) received PAC Diver of the Year after setting a conference record in 3-meter diving.
• The Grove City men edged defending champion Westminster for the PAC men's title.
• Westminster junior Steven Brooks was named PAC Swimmer of the Year for the second straight season.
• W&J freshman Josh Vasko (Elizabeth Forward) was named PAC Diver of the Year after winning the 1-meter title.
• Edinboro senior heavyweight Ernest James earned a 3-0 decision over Pitt's P.J. Tasser, helping the 14th-ranked Fighting Scots upset sixth-ranked Pitt, 17-16, on Friday.
• Senior Gabby Holko hit a 3-pointer with 6 seconds left to help the Titans rally from a 17-point halftime deficit to beat Waynesburg, 77-76, on Saturday. Holko scored 27 points, tying her personal best.
• The Edinboro women's basketball team ended No. 3 Gannon's 26-game home winning streak with a 69-57 victory Wednesday. Edinboro (18-5, 12-1) holds a half-game lead over the Golden Knights (23-2, 12-2) in the PSAC West.
• West Virginia junior pitcher Harrison Musgrave and Seton Hill junior third baseman Nick Sell (North Allegheny) were among 60 players named to the USA Baseball Preseason Golden Spikes Award Watch List. Musgrave was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 33rd round last year but elected to return to WVU.
• Washington & Jefferson's Mike Magdic (North Allegheny) and Nick Willison were honorable-mention selections on the Association of Collegiate Water Polo Coaches Division III All-America teams.
• Pitt-Greensburg hired Robert Spain as men's soccer coach. He spent time in the front office of Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy in 2011-12.
• The West Virginia men's soccer team will visit MLS' Columbus Crew in an exhibition game at 11 a.m. April 27.
• Cal (Pa.) named Dr. Karen Hjerpe athletic director. She has served as interim AD since December 2011.
Swimming and diving
• The PSAC men's and women's championships are Thursday-Sunday at Graham Aquatic Center in York.
— Jeff Vella
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Seeing divers succeed drives Clarion coach
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- Cal (Pa.) women reach D-II championship game
- Former Kittanning hockey players raise bar at UPJ
- Soccer career continues for Springdale grad Weimerskirch
- Munhall’s Strom helps Cal (Pa.) rise to the top
- IUP races to spot in Division II championship game
- California dreamin’ ... of national title
- District college notebook: Seton Hill baseball team slugs its way to 6-0 week