A-K Valley campus clippings: PSNK heavyweight becomes school's 1st All-American wrestler
College Football Videos
Penn State New Kensington freshman 285-pounder Dean Lusk (Ringgold) became PSNK's first All-American wrestler with a fifth-place finish at the NCWA Championships in Dallas.
Freshman 149-pounder Phil Marra (Burrell) finished in ninth place.
Freshman guard Erin Gilmartin (Springdale) played in 12 games and averaged 6.8 minutes per game for the Pioneers, who finished 29-5 and reached the NAIA Division II Tournament.
Junior outfielder Ryan Siegel (Freeport) is hitting .340 with a homer and a team-high 10 RBIs for the Lakers (8-4). Siegel, the PSAC Freshman of the Year in 2012, won the batting title (.373) last summer playing for Martha's Vineyard in the Futures Collegiate Baseball League of New England.
Penn State Behrend
Sophomore outfielder Matt Wolczko (Kiski Area) doubled and drove in three runs in a 7-2 victory over Arcadia. He is batting .364 for the Lions (6-4).
Freshman shortstop Jen Moran (Fox Chapel) contributed an RBI single in a 5-3 upset of No. 22-ranked West Virginia Wesleyan. Moran has started all 14 games for the Lady Knights (7-7).
Sophomore catcher Elly Wagner (Fox Chapel) has appeared in nine games with two starts for the Tar Heels (13-11).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension vacated
- Website ranks Hampton among nation’s top schools
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- Aspinwall business adds color to holiday spirit
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Ex-House Democratic leader DeWeese seeks new trial
- Washington Co. couple sues Range Resources over drilling, water
- Northern Cambria man accused of attempted rape
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.