A-K Valley campus clippings: PSNK heavyweight becomes school's 1st All-American wrestler
College Football Videos
Penn State New Kensington freshman 285-pounder Dean Lusk (Ringgold) became PSNK's first All-American wrestler with a fifth-place finish at the NCWA Championships in Dallas.
Freshman 149-pounder Phil Marra (Burrell) finished in ninth place.
Freshman guard Erin Gilmartin (Springdale) played in 12 games and averaged 6.8 minutes per game for the Pioneers, who finished 29-5 and reached the NAIA Division II Tournament.
Junior outfielder Ryan Siegel (Freeport) is hitting .340 with a homer and a team-high 10 RBIs for the Lakers (8-4). Siegel, the PSAC Freshman of the Year in 2012, won the batting title (.373) last summer playing for Martha's Vineyard in the Futures Collegiate Baseball League of New England.
Penn State Behrend
Sophomore outfielder Matt Wolczko (Kiski Area) doubled and drove in three runs in a 7-2 victory over Arcadia. He is batting .364 for the Lions (6-4).
Freshman shortstop Jen Moran (Fox Chapel) contributed an RBI single in a 5-3 upset of No. 22-ranked West Virginia Wesleyan. Moran has started all 14 games for the Lady Knights (7-7).
Sophomore catcher Elly Wagner (Fox Chapel) has appeared in nine games with two starts for the Tar Heels (13-11).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District roundup: Duquesne puts scare into Buffalo
- Bush excited for position switch at St. Francis (Pa.)
- Freeport twins take same collegiate path
- District college notebook: Crouse scores in debut for 24th-ranked PSU
- Fresh off NCAA championship, Butler grad diving into coaching career at Westminster
- Cal U coach Kellar enters season with confidence
- Jeannette grad Cox, Michigan State not looking past season opener
- PSU Greater Allegheny names Care men’s basketball coach
- Robert Morris falls to Eastern Kentucky in Banaszak’s coaching debut