A-K Valley campus clippings: PSNK heavyweight becomes school's 1st All-American wrestler
College Football Videos
Penn State New Kensington freshman 285-pounder Dean Lusk (Ringgold) became PSNK's first All-American wrestler with a fifth-place finish at the NCWA Championships in Dallas.
Freshman 149-pounder Phil Marra (Burrell) finished in ninth place.
Freshman guard Erin Gilmartin (Springdale) played in 12 games and averaged 6.8 minutes per game for the Pioneers, who finished 29-5 and reached the NAIA Division II Tournament.
Junior outfielder Ryan Siegel (Freeport) is hitting .340 with a homer and a team-high 10 RBIs for the Lakers (8-4). Siegel, the PSAC Freshman of the Year in 2012, won the batting title (.373) last summer playing for Martha's Vineyard in the Futures Collegiate Baseball League of New England.
Penn State Behrend
Sophomore outfielder Matt Wolczko (Kiski Area) doubled and drove in three runs in a 7-2 victory over Arcadia. He is batting .364 for the Lions (6-4).
Freshman shortstop Jen Moran (Fox Chapel) contributed an RBI single in a 5-3 upset of No. 22-ranked West Virginia Wesleyan. Moran has started all 14 games for the Lady Knights (7-7).
Sophomore catcher Elly Wagner (Fox Chapel) has appeared in nine games with two starts for the Tar Heels (13-11).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Slippery Rock’s Greene rushes to top of D-II list
- District college notebook: CMU goalie helps women’s team to No. 4 ranking
- A-K Valley campus clippings: Ex-Valley standout McNabb enters IUP Hall of Fame
- District college notebook: St. Vincent men’s soccer rallies for victory
- District college football preview: Gannon, Clarion clash with top defenses