Local college notebook: St. Vincent track runs first meet ever
College Football Videos
It was a historic day for the newly formed St. Vincent track and field team.
The Bearcats competed in the Cal U Early Bird meet Saturday, and senior Andrew Razanauskas won the 10,000-meter run. Freshman August Sander took third.
The team of Chris Hameed, Chansler Poole, Justin Petrovich and Vincent Tonzo won the men's 3,200 relay race, and the same group placed second in the 1,600 relay.
Senior Nick Killen and freshman Jimmy Farnan placed third and fourth in the 3,000 men's steeplechase, and junior Eric Porter ended up fifth in the men's 5,000.
Senior Rachael Paszko finished second in the women's 10,000. Freshman Shaina Contic placed third in the women's, 3,000 steeplechase.
Senior Genie Fratto finished fourth in the women's 5,000.
Cramer hurls gem for St. Vincent
Freshman Mike Cramer tossed a one-hitter in leading St. Vincent (4-9, 1-1) to a 5-2 victory in Presidents' Athletic Conference win over Westminster.
Cramer carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning. He walked one and struck out nine.
Westminster rallied for an 8-7 victory in Game 2 of the doubleheader.
Jon White had two hits for the Bearcats in Game 1. In the second game, Ben Webb and Tanner Master each had two hits and Joey Fearer had a two-run double.
SVC softball sweeps
The St. Vincent softball team (12-4) opened the home season with a sweep of Franciscan, winning 8-1 and 10-0.
Sarah Swettlen homered, and Breanne Wallace hit a double and single in Game 1. Wallace had two hits, including a double, and three RBIs, and Laken Lyon hit two hits and two RBIs in Game 2.
Samantha Emert earned the win in Game 2. She allowed one hit over four hits and struck out eight.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- District college notes: GCC grad Stone earns NEC honor