District college notes: UPG's Rahl, Jacob earn AMCC awards
College Football Videos
The Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference weekly baseball award winners were Pitt-Greensburg junior first baseman Chad Jacob, who has been named the conference's Player of the Week, and UPG sophomore pitcher Brennan Rahl (Hempfield), who picked up Pitcher of the Week honors.
Jacob finished the week batting .533 (8 for 15) with three homers, a double, 10 RBIs and eight runs scored. In the AMCC, Jacob's batting average is .427 with 32 RBIs and four home runs.
Rahl picked up his third win of the season after an impressive performance against Mt. Aloysius. He pitched a complete game, allowing just one run on three hits, while striking out three. Over his last seven appearances, Rahl has allowed just one run, dropping his ERA to 2.84.
Pitt-Greensburg routs D'Youville
The Pitt-Greensburg baseball team had a huge offensive output against D'Youville, scoring 42 runs in a doubleheader sweep. The Bobcats won 20-5 and 22-10 to improve to 15-12 in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference.
A number of Bobcats had impressive performances, including Logan Douglas (Greensburg Salem) with three hits, including a home run. Anthony Maroadi (Norwin) and Matt Moyer (Hempfield) each had two hits in Game 1.
Matt Kochasic (Penn-Trafford) earned the victory and improved to 4-2, and Billy Elliott (Ligonier Valley) tossed two scoreless innings.
In Game 2, the Bobcats jumped out to a hefty lead after scoring 15 runs over the first four innings.
Dylin Brooks (Norwin) led the way in Game 2 by going 4 for 5 with two home runs, a double, four RBIs and four runs scored. Anthony Bozzuto (Hempfield) had three hits while adding three runs and two RBIs.
Rusch earns ECAC lacrosse honor
Seton Hill freshman attackman/midfielder Zack Rusch was named an ECAC Co-Rookie of the Week.
He scored four goals and added four assists in the Griffins' win at Alderson Broaddus. He also added an assist in a win over Lindenwood.
He is the third Seton Hill lacrosse player to win an ECAC honor.
Seton Hill ready to battle California
The Seton Hill baseball team has a crucial weekend series with rival California (Pa.) on Friday and Saturday.
The Griffins (32-14 overall, 18-6 PSAC-West) will face the Vulcans in Washington on Friday. The teams will meet at Seton Hill at 1 p.m. Saturday. They have clinched a playoff berth.
Seton Hill has dropped five of its past nine games, including losing a doubleheader to Gannon on April 16.
The pitching, however, remains strong for the Griffins. Mike Bittel is 6-2 with a 2.27 ERA, Brett Sullivan is 6-3, Alex Haines (Hempfield) is 5-2, Brad Schnelle is 5-3 and Jordan Fuller 4-1. Jesse Cooper has 14 saves and an ERA of 1.08.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette grad Craft emerging as a top offensive threat for St. Vincent
- A-K Valley campus clippings: Ex-Valley standout McNabb enters IUP Hall of Fame
- Slippery Rock’s Greene rushes to top of D-II list
- District college notebook: St. Vincent men’s soccer rallies for victory
- District college roundup: No. 22 Slippery Rock eases past Seton Hill
- District college notebook: CMU goalie helps women’s team to No. 4 ranking
- After guiding successful GCC program, Shasko hopes to find success at college level
- Duquesne bounces back with win against Dayton
- District college notes: UPG tennis stays perfect
- Ruffing blossoms in Washington & Jefferson backfield
- District college football preview: Gannon, Clarion clash with top defenses