Campus Clippings: Freeport graduate Gentile on the run at Robert Morris
College Football Videos
Robert Morris senior Nick Gentile is building steam for the IC4A/ECAC Track and Field Championships.
Gentile, a Freeport graduate, posted an individual victory and also helped a relay team capture gold at the Bennie Benson Memorial Invitational at the RMU Island Sports Center on Neville Island.
Gentile posted a personal-best mark of 48.46 seconds to win the 400 meters and anchored the victorious 1,600 relay that finished in 3:15.95. Both times qualify for nationals.
Gentile's teammate, sophomore Nick Delmonaco (Riverview), captured third place in the discus. He threw 143 feet, 11 inches.
Redshirt freshman designated-hitter Logan Brown (Kiski Area) has played in 14 games this season for the Rock and is batting .400 (18 for 45) with nine runs and nine RBIs. He went 5 for 5 with two doubles and four RBIs in a 9-4 win over Indiana (Pa.).
Brown had Tommy John surgery last May and hasn't been cleared to return to throw or play the field yet.
Washington & Jefferson
Freshman Joe Palumbo (Fox Chapel) hit his first college home run in a 15-2 victory over Thomas More in the first game of a doubleheader. Palumbo has played in six games for the Presidents (17-11).
Freshman Bill Clark (Valley) improved his first-round score by 12 shots, firing a 6-over-par 78 to finish 31st at the California (Pa.) Vulcan Invitational at Cedarbrook Golf Course.
Gannon finished fourth out of seven teams.
Freshman Kendall Allen (Fox Chapel/Shady Side Academy) has played three rounds and is averaging 77 so far for the Nittany Lions. Allen started her collegiate career at Michigan State and transferred to Ohio State before arriving at Penn State.
Women's track and field
Redshirt freshman Katerina Luttner (Fox Chapel) is competing in throwing events this season.
She was a member of the Ole Miss golf team last season but served her redshirt season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Campus clippings: Collins helps Shippensburg return to nationals
- District college game of the week: Washington & Jefferson at Mount Union
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- Daily Courier roundup: Penn State Fayette women fall to Slippery Rock
- District college notebook: IUP senior puts Stamp on program
- Thiel big man Mallinger thrives on rejection