Campus clippings: Barto leads SVC to NCAA Tournament
College Football Videos
The roster bio for St. Vincent golfer Tim Barto says he has a “repeatable, compact swing.”
Barto helped his team have a repeatable season.
Barto, a Kittanning graduate, shot a fourth-round and team-best 76 to lead the Bearcats to their second straight Presidents' Athletic Conference championship.
Barto finished tied for fifth overall individually with teammate Micah Markantone at Cedarbrook Golf Course (Gold Course) in Rostraver.
St. Vincent advanced to the NCAA Division III Championships May 13-16 at Grandover Resort in Greensboro, N.C.
Last season, Barto was the second-leading tournament scorer for the Bearcats (76.7).
Another local member of the team is sophomore Jack Boros (Knoch).
Sophomore Ronit Yurovsky (Plum) has helped lead the No. 17-ranked Wolverines to an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. Michigan (21-4) plays Fresno State (16-8) on May 9 in Los Angeles.
Yurovsky is 23-6 playing singles and has teamed with four different teammates in doubles to post a 19-7 record. Michigan will make its 13th straight NCAA Tournament appearance. It has played in the Round of 16 the last four years.
Women's track and field
Senior Haley Gabor (Ford City) established three personal-best marks at the PAC Championships at New Wilmington. She won the 200-meter dash in 25.25 seconds. She also ran the 400-meter dash in 57.48 seconds and 12.71 in the 100, placing second in both events.
In addition, Gabor contributed to the winning 1,600-meter relay. Westminster finished second overall.
Men's track and field
Penn State Behrend
Senior Denis Lydon (Plum) won the 10,000-meter run at the Penn State Behrend Invitational with a time of 32 minutes, 17.49 seconds and qualified for the ECAC Championships.
Freshman third baseman Emily Lindsey (Freeport) hit her first college home run in a 5-4 victory over Thomas More.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Eastbound Parkway West to reopen Sunday morning
- Sutter steps up for Penguins in series-tying victory
- Marte jump-starts Pirates in win over Brewers
- Penguins notebook: Johnston says Perron needs to shoot
- Starkey: Taylor’s type fading away
- Use of multiple contractors could leave oil, gas operators open to hackers
- NFL draft preview: Rich harvest of receivers