Mercyhurst's Altavilla named pitcher of the week
College Football Videos
Former Elizabeth Forward right-hander Dan Altavilla, a junior at Mercyhurst, has been named NCAA Division II Pitcher of the Week for a second time this season by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers' Association.
He is the only pitcher in Division II to receive the honor multiple times. Altavilla first won the award March 26 after pitching a no-hitter against Clarion. The latest comes after Altavilla broke a 99-year-old Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference record May 1 by striking out 19 batters in a first-round PSAC tournament victory over West Chester.
— Daily News
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Campus clippings: Fox Chapel grad named PAC Golfer of the Week
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- Jeannette grad a shutdown corner, special teams standout with St. Vincent
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl
- Seton Hill soccer player owns impressive streak
- GCC grad Crouse makes quick impact for Penn State women’s soccer