District college notes: Green qualifies for nationals
College Football Videos
Hanna Green, a 2013 Latrobe graduate and Virginia Tech freshman, qualified for the NCAA track and field nationals in the women's 800-meter run by running a personal best 2 minutes, 5.36 seconds.
She placed ninth at the Eastern Regionals in Jacksonville, Fla. last week.
Nationals will be held in Eugene, Ore. from June 11-14.
Graytok picks Juniata
Greensburg Central Catholic seniors Brian Graytok of Latrobe and Billy Hipp of Johnstown will play college basketball at Juniata. Teammate Christian Hyland announced that he will play at Pitt-Greensburg.
The trio played a big role in the success of GCC this season. The Centurions lost in the WPIAL Class AA finals and PIAA semifinals to Seton-La Salle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: Pair of Pitt wrestlers win titles at Keystone Classic
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area grad Frye top PAC punter at Bethany
- On campus: Williams, Dukes gearing up for NCAA football playoffs
- Alle-Kiski Campus Clippings: Huska takes double honor from PSAC
- Plum's Ellis, Kondis fare well for Mercyhurst football team
- Sports injury discussion set for Cal U
- WCCC men preaching team-first mentality
- Buleca off to strong start in 2nd season with Point Park women’s basketball team
- Campus Clippings: Point Park women’s soccer team gets boost from Springdale trio
- Penn State Fayette wrestling team battles numbers crunch
- Seton Hill women’s basketball looks to replace top 3 scorers