Seton Hill's Costantino earns ECAC honors
College Football Videos
The Seton Hill baseball team had an outstanding season, and, five of the players from that team were recognized as Eastern College Athletic Conference Division II All-Stars on Wednesday. One of those players was Brendan Costantino, who earned second-team honors.
In his senior season, Costantino, a 2009 Geibel graduate and Monongahela native, hit .318 and led the team with 36 stolen bases. He added six doubles, four triples and 34 RBIs. As a shortstop, Costantino compiled a .959 fielding percentage.
Costantino was a National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association All-Region selection as well as an All-PSAC West shortstop.
Other Seton Hill players to earn ECAC honors included outfielders Cody Herald and Taylor Schmidt, second baseman Garret Vrbanic and pitcher Jesse Cooper.
The Griffins finished the 2014 season with a record of 41-17, which included an NCAA Division II Atlantic Regional championship and a trip to the NCAA Division II College World Series.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: WCCC duo continuing college baseball careers
- D3 football preview: Last year’s impact freshmen look to avoid sophomore jinx
- Slippery Rock DE Martin plans to bedevil quarterbacks
- Switching roles on defense doesn’t faze Duquesne LB Stone
- Burrell grad Bush not playing this season at St. Francis
- Point Park soccer sets sights on NAIA tourney