Seton Hill's Costantino earns ECAC honors
College Football Videos
The Seton Hill baseball team had an outstanding season, and, five of the players from that team were recognized as Eastern College Athletic Conference Division II All-Stars on Wednesday. One of those players was Brendan Costantino, who earned second-team honors.
In his senior season, Costantino, a 2009 Geibel graduate and Monongahela native, hit .318 and led the team with 36 stolen bases. He added six doubles, four triples and 34 RBIs. As a shortstop, Costantino compiled a .959 fielding percentage.
Costantino was a National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association All-Region selection as well as an All-PSAC West shortstop.
Other Seton Hill players to earn ECAC honors included outfielders Cody Herald and Taylor Schmidt, second baseman Garret Vrbanic and pitcher Jesse Cooper.
The Griffins finished the 2014 season with a record of 41-17, which included an NCAA Division II Atlantic Regional championship and a trip to the NCAA Division II College World Series.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House
- Seton Hill soccer player owns impressive streak
- Kittanning college notebook: Area football players are key contributors at Thiel