District college notebook: Crouse scores in debut for 24th-ranked PSU
College Football Videos
• Freshman Frannie Crouse (Greensburg Central Catholic) scored in her collegiate debut, helping the 24th-ranked Nittany Lions women's soccer team beat No. 11 West Virginia, 3-1, at the Penn State Invitational on Friday. Penn State then beat Syracuse, 2-0, on Sunday behind two goals from Mallory Weber.
• Junior women's soccer player Kelsie Maloney had a goal and two assists, and senior Kate Schwindel scored twice as the No. 10 Mountaineers rallied from a two-goal deficit to top Missouri, 3-2, in their second game of the Penn State Invitational.
• Junior Caroline Lacy scored in the 105th minute as the Dukes women's soccer team beat Pitt, 1-0, in overtime in the inaugural Steel City Classic on Sunday. All four teams went 1-1, but Pitt won the event because of goal differential.
• Chatham hired former Carnegie Mellon assistant Andrew Garcia as its first men's basketball coach. The Cougars men's team will begin play in 2015.
• The Mercyhurst men's soccer team was the unanimous choice to win the PSAC title, according to the preseason coaches' poll. The Lakers have reached the NCAA Division II quarterfinals the past two years.
• The St. Vincent football team hired former NFL defensive back and Super Bowl winner Adrian White as defensive backs coach. White, a second-round pick of the Giants in 1987, won a Super Bowl in 1990.
• The Cal (Pa.) and Pitt-Johnstown women's volleyball teams were picked to win their divisions in the PSAC preseason coaches' poll. Pitt-Johnstown (East) beat Cal (West) in the PSAC championship last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- Gateway, Plum graduates to meet in Big House Battle
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area grad Smith inducted into Bethany Hall of Fame
- District college notes: St. Vincent women win twice
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates