Duquesne bows out of WNIT
College Football Videos
Sixth-year senior Vanessa Abel's college basketball career is over.
Two days after rallying Duquesne to victory, Abel scored a team-high 14 points, had five steals and recorded three assists against just one turnover, but the Dukes squandered a six-point second-half lead in losing, 61-54, at Bowling Green on Saturday in the second round of the WNIT.
The Dukes (24-8) shot just 35 percent from the field and 45 percent from the free throw line.
Forward Wumi Agunbiade scored 12 points, and forward Orsi Szecsi added 11 for Duquesne before fouling out.
Forward Jill Stein led Bowling Green with 16 points.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Use of multiple contractors could leave oil, gas operators open to hackers
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Marte jump-starts Pirates in win over Brewers
- Crosby says Edmonton would be good spot for prospective top pick McDavid
- Starkey: Taylor’s type fading away
- Sutter steps up for Penguins in series-tying victory
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- Coming off hill revives Seton Hill University, downtown Greensburg