Duquesne bows out of WNIT
College Football Videos
Sixth-year senior Vanessa Abel's college basketball career is over.
Two days after rallying Duquesne to victory, Abel scored a team-high 14 points, had five steals and recorded three assists against just one turnover, but the Dukes squandered a six-point second-half lead in losing, 61-54, at Bowling Green on Saturday in the second round of the WNIT.
The Dukes (24-8) shot just 35 percent from the field and 45 percent from the free throw line.
Forward Wumi Agunbiade scored 12 points, and forward Orsi Szecsi added 11 for Duquesne before fouling out.
Forward Jill Stein led Bowling Green with 16 points.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with 81-77 overtime victory
- Game Commission aims to settle controversy through study
- Star Hayward enjoys go-to role for St. Francis (Pa.)
- Frye: Early peek at 2015 seasons
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Financial fraudster used investors’ lucre to freeze dead wife, feds contend
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- No movement yet on Afghan cabinet