Duquesne bows out of WNIT
College Football Videos
Sixth-year senior Vanessa Abel's college basketball career is over.
Two days after rallying Duquesne to victory, Abel scored a team-high 14 points, had five steals and recorded three assists against just one turnover, but the Dukes squandered a six-point second-half lead in losing, 61-54, at Bowling Green on Saturday in the second round of the WNIT.
The Dukes (24-8) shot just 35 percent from the field and 45 percent from the free throw line.
Forward Wumi Agunbiade scored 12 points, and forward Orsi Szecsi added 11 for Duquesne before fouling out.
Forward Jill Stein led Bowling Green with 16 points.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Casey calling for Medicare Part B freeze
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- McKeesport, school district shore up safety at dangerous intersection
- West Mifflin Area to celebrate newest graduate’s life, legacy
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Mon River Fleet honors 2015 Women of Achievement
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution