Duquesne bows out of WNIT
College Football Videos
Sixth-year senior Vanessa Abel's college basketball career is over.
Two days after rallying Duquesne to victory, Abel scored a team-high 14 points, had five steals and recorded three assists against just one turnover, but the Dukes squandered a six-point second-half lead in losing, 61-54, at Bowling Green on Saturday in the second round of the WNIT.
The Dukes (24-8) shot just 35 percent from the field and 45 percent from the free throw line.
Forward Wumi Agunbiade scored 12 points, and forward Orsi Szecsi added 11 for Duquesne before fouling out.
Forward Jill Stein led Bowling Green with 16 points.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- West Mifflin woman held for court, accused of leaving baby unattended
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Steel Valley board contemplates raising lunch prices
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Steel Valley considers athletics policy on coaching positions
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Civic organization donates to Clairton Police Department
- Judge refuses to reduce bail for McKeesport robbery suspect