Two basketball recruits choose Duquesne
College Football Videos
Duquesne secured one recruit over the weekend when Charles “L.G.” Gill signed with the men's basketball program, and the Dukes were finalizing the addition of another who's already familiar with the Atlantic 10.
Dominique McKoy, a 6-foot-7 junior college transfer, played his freshman season at Rhode Island and averaged 3.1 points. An Atlanta native, McKoy transferred away from the A-10 as a sophomore to Cowley College, a community college in Arkansas City, Kan., where he averaged 14.2 points and 11.5 rebounds.
Gill, a 6-6 forward for Benedictine Prep in Richmond, Va., averaged 14.1 points for the Cadets, who won the Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association championship.
The Dukes were left thin at small forward once freshman Quevyn Winters decided to transfer closer to his home in Milwaukee.
Also in the 2013 recruiting class are freshman forward Isaiah Watkins of Toronto, freshman forward Jordan Robinson of Toronto, freshman guard Desmond Ridenour of Cleveland, freshman center Darius Lewis of Lexington, Ky. and junior college guard Tra'Vaughn White of Kansas City, Kan. The Dukes also added Highland graduate Micah Mason, a guard who transferred from Drake after his freshman season.
The signing period for NCAA Division I basketball ends May 15.
Duquesne coach Jim Ferry had an abundance of scholarships to use for his second recruiting class when two players graduated and six others left the program.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stocks slide in busy week of quarterly earnings reports
- NFL Draft preview: Sizing up the specialists
- Former soccer goalie Lambo chasing NFL dream
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Former Tennessee DE Hendrix announces transfer to Pitt
- Vikings running back Peterson absent but wanted
- Teacher called hero in Wash. school shooting
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Riot erupts in Baltimore after funeral for man hurt in police custody
- Greensburg high school roundup: Hempfield takes down rival P-T
- Two-out rally lifts West Shamokin past Apollo-Ridge