Duquesne guard to transfer
College Football Videos
Duquesne guard Tra'Vaughn White has been granted his release and will transfer elsewhere, men's basketball coach Jim Ferry said Thursday.
White averaged 7.4 points and 16.6 minutes in his one season with the Dukes. The 5-foot-10 junior started eight of the first nine games after arriving from Independence Community College in Kansas but came off the bench in the final 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Marte’s bat, Worley’s arm show improvement in Pirates win
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Stakes raised for Pitt spring game
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Knoch’s Geist sets shot put, discus records at Butler Invitational
- Greensburg high school roundup: Norwin edges section rival Penn-Trafford
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Penguins’ 4th line a bright spot in Game 1 loss
- North Hills-area family continues helping out-of-town patients
- Sanchez odd man out with Pirates recalling Stewart