Duquesne lands transfer guard from Butler
College Football Videos
Given a second chance, Duquesne landed guard Rene Castro, a freshman who is transferring from Butler.
Castro announced Wednesday he will join the Dukes men's basketball team. The 6-foot-2 guard will sit out the 2014-15 season, then have three years of eligibility remaining.
Castro had Duquesne among his finalists before he picked Butler. The Massachusetts native averaged 3.3 points in 12 games for the Bulldogs.
Duquesne also awaits signed letters of intent from recruits TySean Powell and Eric James.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Wild Things rebound; 2 named to postseason all-star team
- Butler County spotlight athletes: Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014
- Butler 911 activates stand-by plan after problems develop with radio transmission system
- Knoch boys soccer team piling up goals, victories
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Mars soccer team off to hot start thanks to stingy defense
- Seneca Valley’s Lang embracing senior soccer season
- Butler girls soccer team seeking top 3 finish in rugged section
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader