Duquesne lands transfer guard from Butler
College Football Videos
Given a second chance, Duquesne landed guard Rene Castro, a freshman who is transferring from Butler.
Castro announced Wednesday he will join the Dukes men's basketball team. The 6-foot-2 guard will sit out the 2014-15 season, then have three years of eligibility remaining.
Castro had Duquesne among his finalists before he picked Butler. The Massachusetts native averaged 3.3 points in 12 games for the Bulldogs.
Duquesne also awaits signed letters of intent from recruits TySean Powell and Eric James.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Rossi: Pirates’ post-Martin plan comes with a catch or 2
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Report identifies Mon-Yough residents who are at risk in train disasters
- Suspect in multiple Mon Valley armed robberies arrested
- Safety Vinopal, other former Panthers perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- Mon Valley officials optimistic salt supplies will last
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7