Forward Watkins transferring from Duquesne
College Football Videos
Duquesne men's basketball coach Jim Ferry announced late Friday night that Isaiah Watkins plans to transfer from the program.
The 6-foot-7 forward and averaged 1.4 points and 1.4 rebounds in 16 games as a freshman. The Toronto native missed the first six games of the season after having arthroscopic knee surgery in early October.
“He is a great kid, and we wish him and his family the best of luck in the future,” Ferry said in a statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Penguins notebook: Martin not concerned about expiring contract
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle quiet on rotation plans
- Shoop’s preparation, expertise trickles down to Penn State defense
- Western Pa. colleges to emphasize curricula for energy, industrial fields
- Pennsylvania senator wants to arm school teachers, employees