Duquesne signs 6-foot-5 guard Jackson
College Football Videos
Duquesne signed freshman Mar'Qywell Jackson, but it remains undecided whether the 6-foot-5 guard will be eligible for the 2014-15 season.
Jackson originally signed with UTEP and attended summer classes there earlier this month before leaving and joining Duquesne. UTEP coach Tim Floyd agreed to release Jackson from his scholarship.
Once eligible at Duquesne, Jackson will have four years remaining.
The Detroit native, who was Rivals.com four-star recruit when he enrolled at UTEP, was ranked No. 53 on the Hoop Scoop Top 100. He averaged 26.4 points and 10.2 rebounds at East English Village Prep last season.
“Mar'Qywell is a versatile player who is comfortable at both guard spots as well as small forward,” Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- Fayette coroner’s office at scene of truck-car crash on Route 51
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring