Duquesne signs 6-foot-5 guard Jackson
College Football Videos
Duquesne signed freshman Mar'Qywell Jackson, but it remains undecided whether the 6-foot-5 guard will be eligible for the 2014-15 season.
Jackson originally signed with UTEP and attended summer classes there earlier this month before leaving and joining Duquesne. UTEP coach Tim Floyd agreed to release Jackson from his scholarship.
Once eligible at Duquesne, Jackson will have four years remaining.
The Detroit native, who was Rivals.com four-star recruit when he enrolled at UTEP, was ranked No. 53 on the Hoop Scoop Top 100. He averaged 26.4 points and 10.2 rebounds at East English Village Prep last season.
“Mar'Qywell is a versatile player who is comfortable at both guard spots as well as small forward,” Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Pitt routs Kansas State to finish 3rd at Maui Invitational
- Fewer adults smoking, U.S. survey finds
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Trib kicks off annual effort to help feed families for Christmas
- Liberal Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has stent placed in heart artery