Duquesne signs 6-foot-5 guard Jackson
College Football Videos
Duquesne signed freshman Mar'Qywell Jackson, but it remains undecided whether the 6-foot-5 guard will be eligible for the 2014-15 season.
Jackson originally signed with UTEP and attended summer classes there earlier this month before leaving and joining Duquesne. UTEP coach Tim Floyd agreed to release Jackson from his scholarship.
Once eligible at Duquesne, Jackson will have four years remaining.
The Detroit native, who was Rivals.com four-star recruit when he enrolled at UTEP, was ranked No. 53 on the Hoop Scoop Top 100. He averaged 26.4 points and 10.2 rebounds at East English Village Prep last season.
“Mar'Qywell is a versatile player who is comfortable at both guard spots as well as small forward,” Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Derry Township man killed in ATV crash
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- White lion Prince dies at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.