Duquesne signs 6-foot-5 guard Jackson
College Football Videos
Duquesne signed freshman Mar'Qywell Jackson, but it remains undecided whether the 6-foot-5 guard will be eligible for the 2014-15 season.
Jackson originally signed with UTEP and attended summer classes there earlier this month before leaving and joining Duquesne. UTEP coach Tim Floyd agreed to release Jackson from his scholarship.
Once eligible at Duquesne, Jackson will have four years remaining.
The Detroit native, who was Rivals.com four-star recruit when he enrolled at UTEP, was ranked No. 53 on the Hoop Scoop Top 100. He averaged 26.4 points and 10.2 rebounds at East English Village Prep last season.
“Mar'Qywell is a versatile player who is comfortable at both guard spots as well as small forward,” Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trailer fire puts Rayburn family out of home
- Ford City delays decision on accountant’s job
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Rain washes out concert, not comeback for Kittanning bar band
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- Gameday: Pirates at Tigers, June 30, 2015
- Supreme Court justices ream EPA for ignoring costs to meet air standards
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency