Duquesne signs 6-foot-5 guard Jackson
College Football Videos
Duquesne signed freshman Mar'Qywell Jackson, but it remains undecided whether the 6-foot-5 guard will be eligible for the 2014-15 season.
Jackson originally signed with UTEP and attended summer classes there earlier this month before leaving and joining Duquesne. UTEP coach Tim Floyd agreed to release Jackson from his scholarship.
Once eligible at Duquesne, Jackson will have four years remaining.
The Detroit native, who was Rivals.com four-star recruit when he enrolled at UTEP, was ranked No. 53 on the Hoop Scoop Top 100. He averaged 26.4 points and 10.2 rebounds at East English Village Prep last season.
“Mar'Qywell is a versatile player who is comfortable at both guard spots as well as small forward,” Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- 5 arrested on firearm, drug charges in Spring Hill
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Boy with fake gun dies after being shot by Cleveland cop
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North