Ivy League honors Plum graduate Cressler as Rookie of Week
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cornell freshman guard Nolan Cressler, a Plum graduate, earned the Ivy League's Basketball Rookie of the Week award on Monday after coming off the bench and scoring a game-high 20 points — a school record for a freshman debut — in a 63-55 nonconference win over Western Michigan on Saturday.
The 6-foot-4 Cressler added two rebounds, an assist, a blocked shot and a steal in 18 minutes. Cressler was the second-leading scorer (25.6 points per game) in the WPIAL last season and is Plum's all-time scoring leader.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Warning about cop-killer came moments too late
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with overtime victory
- South Fayette football team distributes Steelers tickets to Carlynton, Wilkinsburg