Ivy League honors Plum graduate Cressler as Rookie of Week
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cornell freshman guard Nolan Cressler, a Plum graduate, earned the Ivy League's Basketball Rookie of the Week award on Monday after coming off the bench and scoring a game-high 20 points — a school record for a freshman debut — in a 63-55 nonconference win over Western Michigan on Saturday.
The 6-foot-4 Cressler added two rebounds, an assist, a blocked shot and a steal in 18 minutes. Cressler was the second-leading scorer (25.6 points per game) in the WPIAL last season and is Plum's all-time scoring leader.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Transportation funding uncertainty impacts planning for Western Pa.
- Starkey: Taylor’s type fading away
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Boscov’s could help sustain decade-old Pittsburgh Mills
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Man beaten, robbed in South Side, police say
- Coming off hill revives Seton Hill University, downtown Greensburg
- Use of multiple contractors could leave oil, gas operators open to hackers
- New York City rent increases oust small retailers