Iowa DIII player shatters NCAA scoring mark
TribLIVE Sports Videos
GRINNELL, Iowa — Jack Taylor scored 138 points to shatter the NCAA scoring record in Division III Grinnell's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible on Tuesday night.
Taylor made 27 of 71 3-point attempts, was 52 of 108 overall from the field and added seven free throws on 10 attempts in 36 minutes.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. In 1953, Francis had 116 against Ashland Junior College.
The previous Grinnell record was 89 by Griffin Lentsch last Nov. 19 against Principia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning to crack down on dock hogs
- New manager welcomes challenge
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School
- Ford City group focuses on health of park’s trees
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Dinner in Minutes: Pasta-Stuffed Tomatoes with White Bean Salad
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA