Iowa DIII player shatters NCAA scoring mark
TribLIVE Sports Videos
GRINNELL, Iowa — Jack Taylor scored 138 points to shatter the NCAA scoring record in Division III Grinnell's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible on Tuesday night.
Taylor made 27 of 71 3-point attempts, was 52 of 108 overall from the field and added seven free throws on 10 attempts in 36 minutes.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. In 1953, Francis had 116 against Ashland Junior College.
The previous Grinnell record was 89 by Griffin Lentsch last Nov. 19 against Principia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Shelling of UN school kills 15 as Gaza war rages
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Reports include ‘aliens’ as origin of Russian holes
- Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit