Iowa DIII player shatters NCAA scoring mark
TribLIVE Sports Videos
GRINNELL, Iowa — Jack Taylor scored 138 points to shatter the NCAA scoring record in Division III Grinnell's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible on Tuesday night.
Taylor made 27 of 71 3-point attempts, was 52 of 108 overall from the field and added seven free throws on 10 attempts in 36 minutes.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. In 1953, Francis had 116 against Ashland Junior College.
The previous Grinnell record was 89 by Griffin Lentsch last Nov. 19 against Principia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Work release inmate walks away from Armstrong County Jail
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension
- 1 person reportedly stabbed at Fayette housing complex
- Westmoreland torture-slaying convict Smyrnes says death row isolation too cruel
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Extremes in weather hurt crops in Westmoreland
- Hempfield man serving life without parole for killing wife tells judge he’ll pay restitution when he’s released