Iowa DIII player shatters NCAA scoring mark
TribLIVE Sports Videos
GRINNELL, Iowa — Jack Taylor scored 138 points to shatter the NCAA scoring record in Division III Grinnell's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible on Tuesday night.
Taylor made 27 of 71 3-point attempts, was 52 of 108 overall from the field and added seven free throws on 10 attempts in 36 minutes.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. In 1953, Francis had 116 against Ashland Junior College.
The previous Grinnell record was 89 by Griffin Lentsch last Nov. 19 against Principia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Federal grand jury reviewing Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib
- Ferrante cyanide trial to resume Friday with doctors, investigators on stand
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Queen sends first tweet, signed ‘Elizabeth R’
- Man shot, killed after leaving Elliott bar early Friday
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job