Iowa DIII player shatters NCAA scoring mark
TribLIVE Sports Videos
GRINNELL, Iowa — Jack Taylor scored 138 points to shatter the NCAA scoring record in Division III Grinnell's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible on Tuesday night.
Taylor made 27 of 71 3-point attempts, was 52 of 108 overall from the field and added seven free throws on 10 attempts in 36 minutes.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. In 1953, Francis had 116 against Ashland Junior College.
The previous Grinnell record was 89 by Griffin Lentsch last Nov. 19 against Principia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former drug dealer, addict give away groceries as part of church’s outreach
- Scout’s kiosk to tell brave woman’s tale
- Project SEED expands
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Numbers down, but WPIAL teams boast top-notch golfers
- Trib high school rankings for Sunday, Sept. 21
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- More companies embrace exchanges to curb health care costs
- Pentagon program seeks to retain U.S. technological edge against foreign rivals
- Islamic State link with well-heeled companies or individuals targeted
- District college roundup: Buechel leads Duquesne past Monmouth