PSU's Mauti, Robinson honored by Big Ten
By Scott Brown
Published: Monday, Nov. 26, 2012, 9:20 p.m.
Penn State's Michael Mauti and Allen Robinson were named the Big Ten's top linebacker and wide receiver, respectively, and six Nittany Lions were honored as first-team all-conference selections Monday night.
Mauti, Robinson and defensive tackle Jordan Hill were first-team picks by both the coaches and media.
Mauti ranked among the Big Ten leaders in tackles (96) and interceptions (three).
Robinson led the conference in catches (77), receiving yards (1,018) and touchdown receptions (11). The sophomore was the only Big Ten receiver to reach the 1,000-yard milestone and joined Bobby Engram as the only other Penn State player to accomplish that feat.
Robinson also set a Penn State single-season record for receptions in helping the Nittany Lions go 8-4 and 6-2 in the Big Ten.
Center Matt Stankiewitch and guard John Urschel were first-team All-Big Ten picks by the coaches; tight end Kyle Carter was a first-team all-conference selection by the media despite missing three games because of ankle and wrist injuries.
Outside linebacker Gerald Hodges was a second-team all-conference selection by both the coaches and media.
Scott Brown is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- Pair of Braun homers spells defeat for Pirates
- NFL notebook: Pryor will be cut if he’s not traded
- One dead, one wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
- Real estate notes: Work on expansion to Pediatric Specialty Hospital to begin
- Patients denied as donor organs discarded