PSU's Mauti, Robinson honored by Big Ten
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn State's Michael Mauti and Allen Robinson were named the Big Ten's top linebacker and wide receiver, respectively, and six Nittany Lions were honored as first-team all-conference selections Monday night.
Mauti, Robinson and defensive tackle Jordan Hill were first-team picks by both the coaches and media.
Mauti ranked among the Big Ten leaders in tackles (96) and interceptions (three).
Robinson led the conference in catches (77), receiving yards (1,018) and touchdown receptions (11). The sophomore was the only Big Ten receiver to reach the 1,000-yard milestone and joined Bobby Engram as the only other Penn State player to accomplish that feat.
Robinson also set a Penn State single-season record for receptions in helping the Nittany Lions go 8-4 and 6-2 in the Big Ten.
Center Matt Stankiewitch and guard John Urschel were first-team All-Big Ten picks by the coaches; tight end Kyle Carter was a first-team all-conference selection by the media despite missing three games because of ankle and wrist injuries.
Outside linebacker Gerald Hodges was a second-team all-conference selection by both the coaches and media.
Scott Brown is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- VND roundup: Kiski Area wins boys soccer opener
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Timing of summer’s end a matter of perspective for Western Pennsylvanians
- Starkey: Pitt does its duty
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate
- Pilot in Atlantic Ocean crash lost consciousness, Coast Guard says
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle captures Century Conference win
- Pirates’ Polanco runs into rookie wall