PSU's Mauti, Robinson honored by Big Ten
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn State's Michael Mauti and Allen Robinson were named the Big Ten's top linebacker and wide receiver, respectively, and six Nittany Lions were honored as first-team all-conference selections Monday night.
Mauti, Robinson and defensive tackle Jordan Hill were first-team picks by both the coaches and media.
Mauti ranked among the Big Ten leaders in tackles (96) and interceptions (three).
Robinson led the conference in catches (77), receiving yards (1,018) and touchdown receptions (11). The sophomore was the only Big Ten receiver to reach the 1,000-yard milestone and joined Bobby Engram as the only other Penn State player to accomplish that feat.
Robinson also set a Penn State single-season record for receptions in helping the Nittany Lions go 8-4 and 6-2 in the Big Ten.
Center Matt Stankiewitch and guard John Urschel were first-team All-Big Ten picks by the coaches; tight end Kyle Carter was a first-team all-conference selection by the media despite missing three games because of ankle and wrist injuries.
Outside linebacker Gerald Hodges was a second-team all-conference selection by both the coaches and media.
Scott Brown is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Shooting victims live with bullets to survive, thrive
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration