PSU's Mauti, Robinson honored by Big Ten
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Penn State's Michael Mauti and Allen Robinson were named the Big Ten's top linebacker and wide receiver, respectively, and six Nittany Lions were honored as first-team all-conference selections Monday night.
Mauti, Robinson and defensive tackle Jordan Hill were first-team picks by both the coaches and media.
Mauti ranked among the Big Ten leaders in tackles (96) and interceptions (three).
Robinson led the conference in catches (77), receiving yards (1,018) and touchdown receptions (11). The sophomore was the only Big Ten receiver to reach the 1,000-yard milestone and joined Bobby Engram as the only other Penn State player to accomplish that feat.
Robinson also set a Penn State single-season record for receptions in helping the Nittany Lions go 8-4 and 6-2 in the Big Ten.
Center Matt Stankiewitch and guard John Urschel were first-team All-Big Ten picks by the coaches; tight end Kyle Carter was a first-team all-conference selection by the media despite missing three games because of ankle and wrist injuries.
Outside linebacker Gerald Hodges was a second-team all-conference selection by both the coaches and media.
Scott Brown is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts