Manziel among Heisman finalists
TribLIVE Sports Videos
NEW YORK — Johnny Manziel and Manti Te'o are in position to make Heisman Trophy history.
Manziel, the redshirt freshman quarterback from Texas A&M, and Te'o, Notre Dame's star linebacker, along with Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, were invited Monday to attend the Heisman presentation ceremony.
Manziel is the favorite to win college football's most famous player of the year award on Saturday night in Manhattan. He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the school's only Heisman in 1957.
“I'm overwhelmed by this tremendous honor of representing Texas A&M, the 12th Man and all my teammates in New York,” Manziel said in a statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Plum teacher held for trial on charges of witness intimidation
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Police question resident in Latrobe apartment house fire
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Hines Ward appearing on ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’
- Pirates win 5th straight as offense continues to click in win over Marlins
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts