Manziel among Heisman finalists
TribLIVE Sports Videos
NEW YORK — Johnny Manziel and Manti Te'o are in position to make Heisman Trophy history.
Manziel, the redshirt freshman quarterback from Texas A&M, and Te'o, Notre Dame's star linebacker, along with Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, were invited Monday to attend the Heisman presentation ceremony.
Manziel is the favorite to win college football's most famous player of the year award on Saturday night in Manhattan. He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the school's only Heisman in 1957.
“I'm overwhelmed by this tremendous honor of representing Texas A&M, the 12th Man and all my teammates in New York,” Manziel said in a statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fans out in force to rally for beloved Bucs
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- WVU coach Holgorsen expects QB Howard to bounce back
- Scaife estate overpaid state taxes by $10M, return filed Monday states
- LaBar: WWE should move Daniel Bryan to part-time
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers