Manziel among Heisman finalists
TribLIVE Sports Videos
NEW YORK — Johnny Manziel and Manti Te'o are in position to make Heisman Trophy history.
Manziel, the redshirt freshman quarterback from Texas A&M, and Te'o, Notre Dame's star linebacker, along with Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, were invited Monday to attend the Heisman presentation ceremony.
Manziel is the favorite to win college football's most famous player of the year award on Saturday night in Manhattan. He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the school's only Heisman in 1957.
“I'm overwhelmed by this tremendous honor of representing Texas A&M, the 12th Man and all my teammates in New York,” Manziel said in a statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- FBI, federal marshals join manhunt for survivalist accused of ambushing troopers
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Mandated sewer project to increase Alcosan customers’ bills
- Police chase ends with shooting in Bell Township
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Ohio racino draws crowd on opening day
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Penguins’ Johnston eager to open 1st camp