Manziel among Heisman finalists
TribLIVE Sports Videos
NEW YORK — Johnny Manziel and Manti Te'o are in position to make Heisman Trophy history.
Manziel, the redshirt freshman quarterback from Texas A&M, and Te'o, Notre Dame's star linebacker, along with Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, were invited Monday to attend the Heisman presentation ceremony.
Manziel is the favorite to win college football's most famous player of the year award on Saturday night in Manhattan. He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the school's only Heisman in 1957.
“I'm overwhelmed by this tremendous honor of representing Texas A&M, the 12th Man and all my teammates in New York,” Manziel said in a statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Man rescued from sinkhole in McKeesport
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Tourists rush to visit Cuba before American influence felt