Manziel among Heisman finalists
TribLIVE Sports Videos
NEW YORK — Johnny Manziel and Manti Te'o are in position to make Heisman Trophy history.
Manziel, the redshirt freshman quarterback from Texas A&M, and Te'o, Notre Dame's star linebacker, along with Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, were invited Monday to attend the Heisman presentation ceremony.
Manziel is the favorite to win college football's most famous player of the year award on Saturday night in Manhattan. He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the school's only Heisman in 1957.
“I'm overwhelmed by this tremendous honor of representing Texas A&M, the 12th Man and all my teammates in New York,” Manziel said in a statement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office