College football notebook: Western Kentucky hires Petrino
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bobby Petrino was introduced Monday as the Western Kentucky coach. The 51-year-old Petrino replaces Willie Taggart, who left WKU last week to become South Florida's coach.
Petrino had a 34-17 record at Arkansas and is 75-26 overall as a college head coach.
Petrino was fired by Arkansas in April for a “pattern of misleading” behavior following a motorcycle accident. Petrino had an affair with former Razorback volleyball player Jessica Dorrell, who he later hired as a football assistant and gave $20,000 in gifts. Petrino said initially he was the only person on the motorcycle but later admitted to Dorrell's presence.
Around college football
Mike MacIntyre is leaving San Jose State to coach Colorado. ... Injured South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft, according to people familiar with the decision. ... All-Big Ten defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins of Ohio State said he will make himself available for the NFL Draft. ... Texas Tech said offensive line coach Chris Thomsen will serve as interim coach at the team's bowl game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- On-off ramps on southbound Interstate 79 from Carnegie slated for two-day closure
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Cardinal Wuerl school opens with 286 students
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges