College football notebook: Western Kentucky hires Petrino
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bobby Petrino was introduced Monday as the Western Kentucky coach. The 51-year-old Petrino replaces Willie Taggart, who left WKU last week to become South Florida's coach.
Petrino had a 34-17 record at Arkansas and is 75-26 overall as a college head coach.
Petrino was fired by Arkansas in April for a “pattern of misleading” behavior following a motorcycle accident. Petrino had an affair with former Razorback volleyball player Jessica Dorrell, who he later hired as a football assistant and gave $20,000 in gifts. Petrino said initially he was the only person on the motorcycle but later admitted to Dorrell's presence.
Around college football
Mike MacIntyre is leaving San Jose State to coach Colorado. ... Injured South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft, according to people familiar with the decision. ... All-Big Ten defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins of Ohio State said he will make himself available for the NFL Draft. ... Texas Tech said offensive line coach Chris Thomsen will serve as interim coach at the team's bowl game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- GOP convention host Cleveland shaking off Rust Belt image
- Missing deaf, autistic teen last seen on North Side
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Implant gives epileptics chance at ‘new life’
- Shell shovels $30M into proposed Beaver County plant site
- Fallout from child protection law felt in Pa. churches, libraries, fields
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps