College football notebook: Western Kentucky hires Petrino
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Bobby Petrino was introduced Monday as the Western Kentucky coach. The 51-year-old Petrino replaces Willie Taggart, who left WKU last week to become South Florida's coach.
Petrino had a 34-17 record at Arkansas and is 75-26 overall as a college head coach.
Petrino was fired by Arkansas in April for a “pattern of misleading” behavior following a motorcycle accident. Petrino had an affair with former Razorback volleyball player Jessica Dorrell, who he later hired as a football assistant and gave $20,000 in gifts. Petrino said initially he was the only person on the motorcycle but later admitted to Dorrell's presence.
Around college football
Mike MacIntyre is leaving San Jose State to coach Colorado. ... Injured South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft, according to people familiar with the decision. ... All-Big Ten defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins of Ohio State said he will make himself available for the NFL Draft. ... Texas Tech said offensive line coach Chris Thomsen will serve as interim coach at the team's bowl game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Light of Life offers ‘More Than A Meal’ Thanksgiving event
- District college game of the week: Washington & Jefferson at Mount Union
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Researchers at Pennsylvania’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Gridiron nomad Christian makes last collegiate stop at WVU
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Company seeks to reopen coal mine in Nottingham, Washington County
- Flurry of business activity enlivening quaint Saxonburg