Manziel powers Texas A&M to Cotton Bowl win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ARLINGTON, Texas — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel ran for two touchdowns, threw for two more and had a Cotton Bowl-record 516 total yards as 10th-ranked Texas A&M wrapped up its first SEC season with a 41-13 win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Friday night.
The Aggies (11-2) never trailed after Manziel tiptoed the sideline for a 23-yard TD run on their opening drive of the game. Texas A&M took control of the game by scoring touchdowns on its first three drives in the third quarter, going ahead, 34-13, when Manziel threw a 33-yard TD to Ryan Swope on fourth and 4.
Oklahoma (10-3), which like the Aggies entered the game with a five-game winning streak, went three-and-out on its first three drives after halftime.
Manziel set an FBS bowl record with his 229 yards rushing on 17 carries, and completed 22 of 34 passes for 287 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Web-savvy terrorists have success luring U.S. recruits with social media
- North Side toymaker Digital Dream Labs starts strong in 1st holiday season
- Mt. Pleasant Area School Board puts limit on taxes for 2016-17
- Stylish, inexpensive dress takes television newsrooms by storm
- Pitt’s surge goes for naught as No. 11 Purdue prevails
- Perryopolis, Perry Township communities talk ambulance woes
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Automakers feast on deals in November
- Overseas data, financial shares lead stocks to strong December start
- Express Scripts to offer alternative to $750 toxoplasmosis medication
- Roundup: Senators express ‘serious concerns’ about EDMC settlement; more