Manziel powers Texas A&M to Cotton Bowl win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ARLINGTON, Texas — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel ran for two touchdowns, threw for two more and had a Cotton Bowl-record 516 total yards as 10th-ranked Texas A&M wrapped up its first SEC season with a 41-13 win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Friday night.
The Aggies (11-2) never trailed after Manziel tiptoed the sideline for a 23-yard TD run on their opening drive of the game. Texas A&M took control of the game by scoring touchdowns on its first three drives in the third quarter, going ahead, 34-13, when Manziel threw a 33-yard TD to Ryan Swope on fourth and 4.
Oklahoma (10-3), which like the Aggies entered the game with a five-game winning streak, went three-and-out on its first three drives after halftime.
Manziel set an FBS bowl record with his 229 yards rushing on 17 carries, and completed 22 of 34 passes for 287 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- The gathering storm: An IRS defeat
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28
- Cubs’ rookie third baseman Bryant helps send Pirates to defeat
- Blue Bell Creameries issues recall of all products
- Scoring struggles linger for Penguins 2nd line
- Pope accepts resignation of U.S. bishop who failed to report abuse
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Rangers clip Penguins, take 2-1 series lead
- Monessen cops seek alleged gunman
- Interior linemen replace flash with experience for this year’s NFL Draft