Manziel powers Texas A&M to Cotton Bowl win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ARLINGTON, Texas — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel ran for two touchdowns, threw for two more and had a Cotton Bowl-record 516 total yards as 10th-ranked Texas A&M wrapped up its first SEC season with a 41-13 win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Friday night.
The Aggies (11-2) never trailed after Manziel tiptoed the sideline for a 23-yard TD run on their opening drive of the game. Texas A&M took control of the game by scoring touchdowns on its first three drives in the third quarter, going ahead, 34-13, when Manziel threw a 33-yard TD to Ryan Swope on fourth and 4.
Oklahoma (10-3), which like the Aggies entered the game with a five-game winning streak, went three-and-out on its first three drives after halftime.
Manziel set an FBS bowl record with his 229 yards rushing on 17 carries, and completed 22 of 34 passes for 287 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chinese jet buzzes Navy aircraft, Pentagon says
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
- Roundup: Keurig strikes deal with Kraft on coffee brands; more
- Harrison’s 5 RBIs help Pirates pound Brewers
- Steelers notebook: Keisel always hoped to return
- Connellsville library director on move
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Sandusky cover-up case unusually shrouded
- Mother Nature takes a swat at Western Pa. stink bugs
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Sanchez makes 1st start at first base with Indy
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high