Manziel powers Texas A&M to Cotton Bowl win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ARLINGTON, Texas — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel ran for two touchdowns, threw for two more and had a Cotton Bowl-record 516 total yards as 10th-ranked Texas A&M wrapped up its first SEC season with a 41-13 win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Friday night.
The Aggies (11-2) never trailed after Manziel tiptoed the sideline for a 23-yard TD run on their opening drive of the game. Texas A&M took control of the game by scoring touchdowns on its first three drives in the third quarter, going ahead, 34-13, when Manziel threw a 33-yard TD to Ryan Swope on fourth and 4.
Oklahoma (10-3), which like the Aggies entered the game with a five-game winning streak, went three-and-out on its first three drives after halftime.
Manziel set an FBS bowl record with his 229 yards rushing on 17 carries, and completed 22 of 34 passes for 287 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Students reference positive ‘Frozen’-themed lessons
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Elizabeth Forward marks 35th year of senior holiday breakfast
- McKeesport Area fourth-grader thrilled with gift from White Oak Lions Club
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Samples show Plumcreek gas leaks aren’t methane
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- House fire quickly snuffed in Ford City
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Project Joy lifts Christmas spirits at Armstrong County Health Center