Manziel powers Texas A&M to Cotton Bowl win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ARLINGTON, Texas — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel ran for two touchdowns, threw for two more and had a Cotton Bowl-record 516 total yards as 10th-ranked Texas A&M wrapped up its first SEC season with a 41-13 win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Friday night.
The Aggies (11-2) never trailed after Manziel tiptoed the sideline for a 23-yard TD run on their opening drive of the game. Texas A&M took control of the game by scoring touchdowns on its first three drives in the third quarter, going ahead, 34-13, when Manziel threw a 33-yard TD to Ryan Swope on fourth and 4.
Oklahoma (10-3), which like the Aggies entered the game with a five-game winning streak, went three-and-out on its first three drives after halftime.
Manziel set an FBS bowl record with his 229 yards rushing on 17 carries, and completed 22 of 34 passes for 287 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Icy roads, bridges trigger minor accidents in Western Pennsylvania
- Heart stent implanted, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg goes home
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Nonprofit plans to keep Blairsville WyoTech campus open as part of $24 million purchase
- Pipeline project could bring thousands of construction jobs to Burrell Township
- Pryor’s 22 points lead Robert Morris past Louisiana-Monroe
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Lack of money may crush ISIS
- Four of five Blairsville-Saltsburg schools improve state performance scores