Manziel powers Texas A&M to Cotton Bowl win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ARLINGTON, Texas — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel ran for two touchdowns, threw for two more and had a Cotton Bowl-record 516 total yards as 10th-ranked Texas A&M wrapped up its first SEC season with a 41-13 win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Friday night.
The Aggies (11-2) never trailed after Manziel tiptoed the sideline for a 23-yard TD run on their opening drive of the game. Texas A&M took control of the game by scoring touchdowns on its first three drives in the third quarter, going ahead, 34-13, when Manziel threw a 33-yard TD to Ryan Swope on fourth and 4.
Oklahoma (10-3), which like the Aggies entered the game with a five-game winning streak, went three-and-out on its first three drives after halftime.
Manziel set an FBS bowl record with his 229 yards rushing on 17 carries, and completed 22 of 34 passes for 287 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Labor United Celebration draws 25,000 to Northmoreland Park
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Apollo Council, solicitor prepare vacancy ordinance
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- If ‘evil’ doesn’t apply to ISIS, what does?
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Elizabeth Forward girls soccer looks to extend playoff streak