College basketball roundup: UVA upsets No. 19 N.C. State
TribLIVE Sports Videos
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Joe Harris scored 22 points, seven during a game-ending 13-6 run, and Virginia beat No. 19 North Carolina State, 58-55, on Tuesday night.
Akil Mitchell added 14 points for Virginia (15-5, 5-2 ACC).
N.C. State (16-5, 5-3) became the 17th team to be held under 60 points by Virginia.
No. 11 Ohio State 58, Wisconsin 49 — In Columbus, Ohio, Deshaun Thomas scored 25 points, including 10 during a game-breaking 15-0 second-half run, moving Ohio State (16-4, 6-2) to third in the Big Ten.
The loss dropped Wisconsin (14-7, 5-3) two games back.
Indiana St. 68, No. 15 Wichita St. 55 — In Wichita, Kan., Manny Arop scored 17 points to help Indiana State (14-7, 7-3 Missouri Valley) stay in the conference race, beating a ranked team for the first time this season.
First-place Wichita State (19-3, 8-2) had its 19-game home-winning streak snapped.
Kentucky 87, No. 16 Mississippi 74 — In Oxford, Miss., Kyle Wiltjer scored a career-high 26 points and Nerlens Noel set a school record with 12 blocked shots for Kentucky (14-6, 5-2 SEC), which snapped a nine-game winning streak for Ole Miss (17-3, 6-1).
No. 23 Minnesota 84, Nebraska 65 — In Minneapolis, Rodney Williams scored 23 points, Andre Hollins scored 14 and Austin Hollins had 13 points and five assists for Minnesota (16-5, 4-4 Big Ten).
Ray Gallegos scored 30 points for Nebraska (11-11, 2-7).
DePaul 57, Pitt 55 — In Chicago, Brittany Hrynko's basket with 4 seconds to play lifted DePaul (16-5, 5-2) past Pitt (9-11, 0-7). Brianna Kiesel's 3-pointer missed at the buzzer for the Panthers, who have lost 27 Big East regular-season games in a row. Asia Logan had 15 points, six assists and four steals in the loss.
West Virginia 67, No. 19 Oklahoma State 61 — In Stillwater, Okla., West Virginia (12-8, 4-5) snapped a three-game losing streak with a victory over Oklahoma State (15-4, 4-4).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Police seek answers in killing of 2 NYPD officers
- Sony hack signals new, public front in cyber warfare
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status