ND coach tired of conference talk
TribLIVE Sports Videos
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Notre Dame coach Mike Brey said he's exhausted from considering scenarios regarding which conference the Fighting Irish will play next season. He said he doesn't want to think about it until it's decided.
Nearly a month after saying the Irish would stay in the Big East for another season, Brey told reporters Wednesday he doesn't know what Notre Dame will do. Seven Catholic schools in the Big East are planning to start a conference next season and keep the league name.
Brey said he doesn't know if the Irish will join the Catholic 7 or go to the ACC. The coach had said he expected the Irish to join the ACC after next season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Former IU4 director enters guilty plea to stealing from agency
- Merion member claims state amateur championship at Oakmont
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Pirates’ Alvarez continues to sit, work on throwing woes
- Charges dropped against WVU running back Smallwood
- Thursday’s scouting report: Pirates at Diamondbacks
- Duquense teen to stand trial on charges he shot, killed unborn child
- Shooting in Northview Heights leaves one man dead, another injured
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Pittsburgh braces for waves of marches, demonstrations this week