NCAA notebook: Hofstra fires men's basketball coach
Published: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:21 p.m.
Hofstra fired coach Mo Cassara after three seasons and appointed Patrick Sellers as interim coach. The Pride went 7-25 this season and had four players arrested in December on burglary charges stemming from dormitory room break-ins.
• The NCAA Tournament's first full day earned its highest television rating in 19 years. The games Thursday on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV averaged a 5.5 fast national rating and 12 share.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Likely loss of Steelers draft pick looms because of Tomlin misstep
- Rossi: Penguins’ Orpik among select NHLers going without gluten
- Worst of winter storm expected to miss Pittsburgh
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher in loss to Bruins
- Aliquippa RB Swanson commits to Toledo
- Nelson Mandela: The real legacy
- Breaking down the Pirates’ needs entering winter meetings
- State police kill knife-wielding suspect in child abduction from Brentwood
- Controversial Rooney Rule has opened door for NFL minority coaching candidates
- Four Highland Park homes fired up for pottery tour
- Investors put squeeze on prospective homeowners’ American dreams