NCAA notebook: Hofstra fires men's basketball coach
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:21 p.m.
Hofstra fired coach Mo Cassara after three seasons and appointed Patrick Sellers as interim coach. The Pride went 7-25 this season and had four players arrested in December on burglary charges stemming from dormitory room break-ins.
• The NCAA Tournament's first full day earned its highest television rating in 19 years. The games Thursday on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV averaged a 5.5 fast national rating and 12 share.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April?
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Murrysville woman sues Giant Eagle over burns
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Pirates should exploit free-swinging Brewers
- UPMC: As many as 27,000 employees affected in data breach
- Body found on train tracks in West End
- Penguins’ Bylsma and Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well