NCAA notebook: Hofstra fires men's basketball coach
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:21 p.m.
Hofstra fired coach Mo Cassara after three seasons and appointed Patrick Sellers as interim coach. The Pride went 7-25 this season and had four players arrested in December on burglary charges stemming from dormitory room break-ins.
• The NCAA Tournament's first full day earned its highest television rating in 19 years. The games Thursday on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV averaged a 5.5 fast national rating and 12 share.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Preview of Wednesday’s Reds-Pirates game
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season