West Liberty advances to D-II Final Four
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Falk and Cedric Harris each scored 23 points and were among six players in double figures as West Liberty defeated Winona State, 110-84, in an NCAA Division II Elite Eight matchup in Lexington, Ky.
West Liberty (34-1), the top seed from the Atlantic Region, advances to the D-II Final Four. The Hilltoppers will meet Metropolitan State (31-2) at noon Saturday, with the winner advancing to the D-II championship game April 7 in Atlanta.
CJ Hester had 13 points and a team-high nine rebounds for the Hilltoppers. Chris Morrow and Shawn Dyer each scored 12 points, and Seger Bonifant had 11.
West Liberty trailed 34-32 with 6:57 remaining in the opening half, but went on an 18-7 run to take a nine-point halftime lead.
Winona State (27-8) made a run early in the second half and pulled within six points, but West Liberty went on a 16-2 run over the next four minutes to push the lead to 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- BNY Mellon is putting iconic Citizens Bank Tower up for sale
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case
- Beer spills onto Route 22 when delivery truck collides with coal truck
- Wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and snow bearing down on Pittsburgh area
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- Audit cautions officials about lax cash-handling policies at Schenley Park skating rink
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children