West Liberty advances to D-II Final Four
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Falk and Cedric Harris each scored 23 points and were among six players in double figures as West Liberty defeated Winona State, 110-84, in an NCAA Division II Elite Eight matchup in Lexington, Ky.
West Liberty (34-1), the top seed from the Atlantic Region, advances to the D-II Final Four. The Hilltoppers will meet Metropolitan State (31-2) at noon Saturday, with the winner advancing to the D-II championship game April 7 in Atlanta.
CJ Hester had 13 points and a team-high nine rebounds for the Hilltoppers. Chris Morrow and Shawn Dyer each scored 12 points, and Seger Bonifant had 11.
West Liberty trailed 34-32 with 6:57 remaining in the opening half, but went on an 18-7 run to take a nine-point halftime lead.
Winona State (27-8) made a run early in the second half and pulled within six points, but West Liberty went on a 16-2 run over the next four minutes to push the lead to 20.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chinese jet buzzes Navy aircraft, Pentagon says
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
- Roundup: Keurig strikes deal with Kraft on coffee brands; more
- Harrison’s 5 RBIs help Pirates pound Brewers
- Steelers notebook: Keisel always hoped to return
- Connellsville library director on move
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Sandusky cover-up case unusually shrouded
- Mother Nature takes a swat at Western Pa. stink bugs
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Sanchez makes 1st start at first base with Indy