Ex-Pitt guard Johnson transfers to Penn State
Published: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 5:38 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Former Pitt sophomore guard John Johnson, who left the Panthers in mid-November, has transferred to Penn State. The 6-foot-1 Philadelphia native will be eligible to play for coach Pat Chambers' squad after the completion of the 2013 fall semester next December.
Johnson played in all 39 games last season, starting 10, but he didn't play in Pitt's opener against Mount St. Mary's and, with true freshman James Robinson already in the starting lineup for the guard-heavy Panthers, left the team.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Powerball’s the hottest game in town
- Owners pledge to revitalize Century III
- Funding transportation
- Geibel names 2013’s top students
- Pittsburgh-area woman made similar decision long before Jolie
- Day care for special needs children set for North Versailles
- Four spots up for grabs in Freeport Area school board race
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.