Penn State's new ice arena hosts first game Oct. 11
College Football Videos
Pegula Ice Arena, Penn State's state-of-the-art hockey facility, will host its first game Oct. 11 with the Nittany Lions welcoming Army.
The game will be part of the campus' homecoming weekend festivities.
Pegula Ice Arena seats 6,000 spectators, with 1,000 of the seats earmarked for students. The inaugural season of Pegula Ice Arena also will be the Nittany Lions' first in the newly formed Big Ten hockey conference.
Season-ticket deposits for the 2013-14 season are being accepted. Single-game ticket information will be released at a later date.
Penn State will close out Greenberg Ice Pavilion this weekend with two games against Oklahoma.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade
- Tarentum restaurant closes to repair brick damage
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Mirai debut brings fuel cell future closer
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Artists fill Valley home for one-day ‘Handmade Christmas’ sale
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- Bridge over Youghiogheny River coming into downtown Connellsville is renamed
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- ‘Boo-boo bus’ stuffed for kids