Penn State's new ice arena hosts first game Oct. 11
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013, 6:54 p.m.
Pegula Ice Arena, Penn State's state-of-the-art hockey facility, will host its first game Oct. 11 with the Nittany Lions welcoming Army.
The game will be part of the campus' homecoming weekend festivities.
Pegula Ice Arena seats 6,000 spectators, with 1,000 of the seats earmarked for students. The inaugural season of Pegula Ice Arena also will be the Nittany Lions' first in the newly formed Big Ten hockey conference.
Season-ticket deposits for the 2013-14 season are being accepted. Single-game ticket information will be released at a later date.
Penn State will close out Greenberg Ice Pavilion this weekend with two games against Oklahoma.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Dems in Pa. governor’s race vow to close loophole, say firms skirt corporate tax
- Latrobe woman texts searchers in Linn Run State Park to tell them she’s OK
- Gorman: Can Mike Tyson save boxing?
- Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
- City’s efforts bolstered to track illegal dumping
- California University of Pennsylvania offers training for weather spotters
- Blue Jackets goalie Bobrovsky turns page, focuses on Game 2