Penn State’s new ice arena hosts first game Oct. 11
Published: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 6:54 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, February 14, 2013
Pegula Ice Arena, Penn State's state-of-the-art hockey facility, will host its first game Oct. 11 with the Nittany Lions welcoming Army.
The game will be part of the campus' homecoming weekend festivities.
Pegula Ice Arena seats 6,000 spectators, with 1,000 of the seats earmarked for students. The inaugural season of Pegula Ice Arena also will be the Nittany Lions' first in the newly formed Big Ten hockey conference.
Season-ticket deposits for the 2013-14 season are being accepted. Single-game ticket information will be released at a later date.
Penn State will close out Greenberg Ice Pavilion this weekend with two games against Oklahoma.
— Staff reports
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Robbery suspect arrested
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Bilik DeFazio leads race on both ballots
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Transformer problem causes outage
- Rupert wins Democratic nod to run for sheriff
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.