Penn State's new ice arena hosts first game Oct. 11
College Football Videos
Pegula Ice Arena, Penn State's state-of-the-art hockey facility, will host its first game Oct. 11 with the Nittany Lions welcoming Army.
The game will be part of the campus' homecoming weekend festivities.
Pegula Ice Arena seats 6,000 spectators, with 1,000 of the seats earmarked for students. The inaugural season of Pegula Ice Arena also will be the Nittany Lions' first in the newly formed Big Ten hockey conference.
Season-ticket deposits for the 2013-14 season are being accepted. Single-game ticket information will be released at a later date.
Penn State will close out Greenberg Ice Pavilion this weekend with two games against Oklahoma.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Roundup: Wealth gap largest on record, Pew study shows; McDonald’s in Japan limits orders of fries; more
- Salvation Army edges closer to campaign goals
- WM wrestling rebuilding after losses to graduation
- West Mifflin man charged with risking catastrophe
- West Mifflin soccer fields nearly done, but play will be delayed
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Valley New Dispatch spotlight athletes: Highlands’ Ashlyn Jonczak, Cheswick Christian Academy’s Ben Pollock
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Philly DA says no affidavits claimed by AG Kane in bribery case existed
- Mt. Lebanon history center project gets OK