Running back/defensive back commits to Penn State for 2014
College Football Videos
Penn State football coach Bill O'Brien landed a verbal commitment from Fairfax, Va., running back/defensive back Nick Scott.
Scott, originally from Lancaster, is the second Nittany Lions commitment for the 2014 class.
“As soon as I stepped foot on campus (this past weekend), I was blown away and knew it was the place for me,” Scott told the Washington Post. “It felt like home.”
He also had a scholarship offer from Boston College and took an unofficial visit to Alabama in October.
In his first season at Fairfax, Scott had 932 rushing yards, 1,164 total yards and 12 touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- Steelers notebook: Keisel dresses, but doesn’t play
- NFL could delay punishment
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Will soft foes mean fast start to the season for Pitt football team?
- Graduation leaves lots of holes to fill for Carmichaels
- LaBar: Hulk Hogan wants to fight Brock Lesnar?
- Pirates’ Axford overcame long odds to reach majors
- Youngwood shelter removes 44 dogs, 9 cats from shuttered Fayette SPCA
- Pittsburgh city vehicle repair delays elicit gripes about Cincinnati company