Running back/defensive back commits to Penn State for 2014
College Football Videos
Penn State football coach Bill O'Brien landed a verbal commitment from Fairfax, Va., running back/defensive back Nick Scott.
Scott, originally from Lancaster, is the second Nittany Lions commitment for the 2014 class.
“As soon as I stepped foot on campus (this past weekend), I was blown away and knew it was the place for me,” Scott told the Washington Post. “It felt like home.”
He also had a scholarship offer from Boston College and took an unofficial visit to Alabama in October.
In his first season at Fairfax, Scott had 932 rushing yards, 1,164 total yards and 12 touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Pennsylvania’s ‘Grand Canyon’ offers something for everyone
- Court attire can have impact, Allegheny, Westmoreland public defenders say
- Pope’s South American homecoming to spotlight poor, environment
- Pirates trust eye test when voting for all-stars
- Police again looking for missing 75-year-old man
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Tunisia imposes state of emergency after terrorist attacks
- Conneaut Lake park turnaround to be arduous task
- Biertempfel: Loss of All-Star paper ballots a blow to nostalgia
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 5, 2015