Running back/defensive back commits to Penn State for 2014
College Football Videos
Penn State football coach Bill O'Brien landed a verbal commitment from Fairfax, Va., running back/defensive back Nick Scott.
Scott, originally from Lancaster, is the second Nittany Lions commitment for the 2014 class.
“As soon as I stepped foot on campus (this past weekend), I was blown away and knew it was the place for me,” Scott told the Washington Post. “It felt like home.”
He also had a scholarship offer from Boston College and took an unofficial visit to Alabama in October.
In his first season at Fairfax, Scott had 932 rushing yards, 1,164 total yards and 12 touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Climate changes, habitat loss cited as threats to 314 bird species
- Outdoor notices: Dec. 22, 2014
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Police seek answers in killing of 2 NYPD officers
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job