PSU reserve defensive lineman not returning
College Football Videos
Penn State lineman Nate Cadogan will not return to the team for a fifth season after graduating in May, a school spokesman said Friday.
Cadogan moved from the offensive to defensive line this spring, and Penn State had hoped he would provide depth at tackle. The 6-foot-5, 283-pounder never cracked the offensive line rotation during the previous three seasons, and he also spent time at tight end, catching a touchdown pass in 2010.
Penn State also announced its Aug. 31 season-opener against Syracuse in East Rutherford, N.J., will be played at 3:30 p.m. It will be televised by ABC and ESPN2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Serena Williams wins 6th Australian Open for 19th major title
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Police: Woman thwarted abduction at Buffalo Township convenience store
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans