PSU reserve defensive lineman not returning
College Football Videos
Penn State lineman Nate Cadogan will not return to the team for a fifth season after graduating in May, a school spokesman said Friday.
Cadogan moved from the offensive to defensive line this spring, and Penn State had hoped he would provide depth at tackle. The 6-foot-5, 283-pounder never cracked the offensive line rotation during the previous three seasons, and he also spent time at tight end, catching a touchdown pass in 2010.
Penn State also announced its Aug. 31 season-opener against Syracuse in East Rutherford, N.J., will be played at 3:30 p.m. It will be televised by ABC and ESPN2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man barricaded in house near West Hempfield Elementary School
- Pirates cut 12, including outfielder Tabata and pitcher Lincoln
- First trailer for Pittsburgh-shot ‘Southpaw’ hits the Internet
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Yough senior high students evacuated for third time this week
- Aldi to open store where Bottom Dollar closed in Garfield
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Port Authority secures free North Shore light-rail service
- Wilkinsburg man will stand trial in death of 5-week-old infant
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts