PSU reserve defensive lineman not returning
College Football Videos
Penn State lineman Nate Cadogan will not return to the team for a fifth season after graduating in May, a school spokesman said Friday.
Cadogan moved from the offensive to defensive line this spring, and Penn State had hoped he would provide depth at tackle. The 6-foot-5, 283-pounder never cracked the offensive line rotation during the previous three seasons, and he also spent time at tight end, catching a touchdown pass in 2010.
Penn State also announced its Aug. 31 season-opener against Syracuse in East Rutherford, N.J., will be played at 3:30 p.m. It will be televised by ABC and ESPN2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elizabeth Forward wins seesaw battle over Yough
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Safety of credit cards up to banks
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Roundup: Uncle Charley’s Sausage expands sales to Maryland, Virginia; SABMiller meets with investors amid takeover bid; more
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense