Penn State adds 7-foot transfer from SMU
College Football Videos
The Penn State men's basketball team added some size Thursday.
Coach Patrick Chambers said 7-foot, 240-pound center Jordan Dickerson is transferring from SMU to the Nittany Lions.
He has enrolled at Penn State and will join the basketball team June 26, Chambers said. Dickerson will have to sit out next season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility left.
Dickerson played in 26 games for the Mustangs last season as a freshman and posted a combined 13 points, 23 rebounds and nine blocks in 92 minutes.
“Jordan brings tremendous size, athleticism and a great work ethic to our program,” Chambers said in a statement. “He'll have a redshirt season this coming year in which he will make significant strides in his development and will help prepare our team for the upcoming season.”
The Brooklyn, N.Y., native will be the tallest player at Penn State since 7-0 forward Jan Jagla (2002-04).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire Soria from Tigers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Police search for missing 7-year-old
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed dangerous homicide suspect
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Obama nominates 3 judges for federal bench in Pittsburgh
- China says U.S. trying to militarize South China Sea
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- India hangs man who raised funds in support of 1993’s deadly Mumbai bombings