Penn State adds 7-foot transfer from SMU
College Football Videos
The Penn State men's basketball team added some size Thursday.
Coach Patrick Chambers said 7-foot, 240-pound center Jordan Dickerson is transferring from SMU to the Nittany Lions.
He has enrolled at Penn State and will join the basketball team June 26, Chambers said. Dickerson will have to sit out next season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility left.
Dickerson played in 26 games for the Mustangs last season as a freshman and posted a combined 13 points, 23 rebounds and nine blocks in 92 minutes.
“Jordan brings tremendous size, athleticism and a great work ethic to our program,” Chambers said in a statement. “He'll have a redshirt season this coming year in which he will make significant strides in his development and will help prepare our team for the upcoming season.”
The Brooklyn, N.Y., native will be the tallest player at Penn State since 7-0 forward Jan Jagla (2002-04).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins recall 4 players
- Senate GOP, fired open records director file lawsuit against Wolf
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Charges officially dropped against Leon Ford, who is recovering from surgery
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Romero’s son plans ‘Living Dead’ origins story
- Arnold woman severely injured in Allegheny Township wreck
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci commits to Pitt
- Weather postpones Route 56 closure in New Kensington
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border