Penn State adds 7-foot transfer from SMU
College Football Videos
The Penn State men's basketball team added some size Thursday.
Coach Patrick Chambers said 7-foot, 240-pound center Jordan Dickerson is transferring from SMU to the Nittany Lions.
He has enrolled at Penn State and will join the basketball team June 26, Chambers said. Dickerson will have to sit out next season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility left.
Dickerson played in 26 games for the Mustangs last season as a freshman and posted a combined 13 points, 23 rebounds and nine blocks in 92 minutes.
“Jordan brings tremendous size, athleticism and a great work ethic to our program,” Chambers said in a statement. “He'll have a redshirt season this coming year in which he will make significant strides in his development and will help prepare our team for the upcoming season.”
The Brooklyn, N.Y., native will be the tallest player at Penn State since 7-0 forward Jan Jagla (2002-04).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Oncologists wary of scaled-back guidelines in cancer screenings
- Cal (Pa.) softball loses slugfest; season comes to an end
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Posthumous election wins have happened in Western Pa., nation
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Motorist killed in Armstrong County rollover crash
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- 4 dogs found dead in Beechview home; woman charged
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing