Penn State adds 7-foot transfer from SMU
College Football Videos
The Penn State men's basketball team added some size Thursday.
Coach Patrick Chambers said 7-foot, 240-pound center Jordan Dickerson is transferring from SMU to the Nittany Lions.
He has enrolled at Penn State and will join the basketball team June 26, Chambers said. Dickerson will have to sit out next season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility left.
Dickerson played in 26 games for the Mustangs last season as a freshman and posted a combined 13 points, 23 rebounds and nine blocks in 92 minutes.
“Jordan brings tremendous size, athleticism and a great work ethic to our program,” Chambers said in a statement. “He'll have a redshirt season this coming year in which he will make significant strides in his development and will help prepare our team for the upcoming season.”
The Brooklyn, N.Y., native will be the tallest player at Penn State since 7-0 forward Jan Jagla (2002-04).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- ‘First-class’ hotel planned in Oakland
- Route 22 accident snarls traffic
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Charges filed against man shot by police in Bell Township
- Pirates hit 3 HRs in rout of Red Sox
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Priest: Mourners in ‘disbelief’ at Pennsylvania trooper’s death
- Pirates notebook: Castillo’s debut underscores challenges in Cuban market
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water