Penn State adds 7-foot transfer from SMU
College Football Videos
The Penn State men's basketball team added some size Thursday.
Coach Patrick Chambers said 7-foot, 240-pound center Jordan Dickerson is transferring from SMU to the Nittany Lions.
He has enrolled at Penn State and will join the basketball team June 26, Chambers said. Dickerson will have to sit out next season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility left.
Dickerson played in 26 games for the Mustangs last season as a freshman and posted a combined 13 points, 23 rebounds and nine blocks in 92 minutes.
“Jordan brings tremendous size, athleticism and a great work ethic to our program,” Chambers said in a statement. “He'll have a redshirt season this coming year in which he will make significant strides in his development and will help prepare our team for the upcoming season.”
The Brooklyn, N.Y., native will be the tallest player at Penn State since 7-0 forward Jan Jagla (2002-04).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Domestic dispute at gas station leads to lockdown at Arsenal Middle School
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- Judge orders 28 UPMC protesters who blocked traffic to do community service
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- 4 injured when vehicles collide, car plows into North Huntingdon auto body shop
- Judge hears arguments on Conneaut tax status, sheriff’s sale could be delayed
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- Crews battle fire in Centerville, Washington County