Penn State adds 7-foot transfer from SMU
College Football Videos
The Penn State men's basketball team added some size Thursday.
Coach Patrick Chambers said 7-foot, 240-pound center Jordan Dickerson is transferring from SMU to the Nittany Lions.
He has enrolled at Penn State and will join the basketball team June 26, Chambers said. Dickerson will have to sit out next season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. He will have three years of eligibility left.
Dickerson played in 26 games for the Mustangs last season as a freshman and posted a combined 13 points, 23 rebounds and nine blocks in 92 minutes.
“Jordan brings tremendous size, athleticism and a great work ethic to our program,” Chambers said in a statement. “He'll have a redshirt season this coming year in which he will make significant strides in his development and will help prepare our team for the upcoming season.”
The Brooklyn, N.Y., native will be the tallest player at Penn State since 7-0 forward Jan Jagla (2002-04).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Police: Man wanted in fatal ambush of Pennsylvania trooper finally captured
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Trooper struck by SUV in East Huntingdon has ‘long road ahead of him’
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMC
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense