Penn State adds defensive line recruit
College Football Videos
Penn State added a 13th recruit to its 2014 class Monday when Millville (N.J.) defensive lineman Antoine White verbally committed to the Nittany Lions.
The 6-foot-3, 265-pound White projects as a defensive tackle in college. He had 80 tackles, including 14 for losses, and six sacks as a junior at Millville High School in South Jersey.
Penn State is allowed to sign only 15 players in 2014 because of NCAA sanctions. It may have flexibility to sign more players next February if a couple of incoming recruits enroll early and count against the 2013 class.
Penn State officially signed 12 players last February since five players in the 17-man class enrolled in January, including prized tight end Adam Breneman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- CMU showcases its lengthy list of fledgling companies at venture event
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park
- Westmoreland County candidate admits to summary offenses
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Ohio woman will be milestone passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase