Penn State adds defensive line recruit
By Scott Brown
Published: Monday, July 1, 2013, 1:09 p.m.
Penn State added a 13th recruit to its 2014 class Monday when Millville (N.J.) defensive lineman Antoine White verbally committed to the Nittany Lions.
The 6-foot-3, 265-pound White projects as a defensive tackle in college. He had 80 tackles, including 14 for losses, and six sacks as a junior at Millville High School in South Jersey.
Penn State is allowed to sign only 15 players in 2014 because of NCAA sanctions. It may have flexibility to sign more players next February if a couple of incoming recruits enroll early and count against the 2013 class.
Penn State officially signed 12 players last February since five players in the 17-man class enrolled in January, including prized tight end Adam Breneman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- North Versailles magisterial judge “retires” but remains on bench
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Google challenges nonprofits on ideas to use Glass
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- 2 South Allegheny students earn accolades for environmental awareness artwork