Penn State to play in Ireland in 2014
College Football Videos
Penn State will play Central Florida in Ireland next year as part of the schools' two-game football series, according to multiple reports.
The teams will meet in Croke Stadium in Dublin, which hosted a Navy-Notre Dame game in 2012.
Penn State has not announced the trip that will serve as a de facto bowl game since the game is not yet official. The overseas meeting has been considered likely if not a foregone conclusion for months, and it will pit Penn State coach Bill O'Brien against UCF's George O'Leary, who is one of his mentors.
The two schools will play this season with UCF visiting Penn State on Sept. 14 for a 6 p.m. game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Space tourism rocket explodes, killing one person aboard
- Butler County man sentenced to 9 years for child pornography
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- 2 adults charged in ATV crash that killed 4-year-old Somerset girl
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Charges withdrawn against Fayette parents accused of keeping dead dog
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton