Penn State to play in Ireland in 2014
College Football Videos
Penn State will play Central Florida in Ireland next year as part of the schools' two-game football series, according to multiple reports.
The teams will meet in Croke Stadium in Dublin, which hosted a Navy-Notre Dame game in 2012.
Penn State has not announced the trip that will serve as a de facto bowl game since the game is not yet official. The overseas meeting has been considered likely if not a foregone conclusion for months, and it will pit Penn State coach Bill O'Brien against UCF's George O'Leary, who is one of his mentors.
The two schools will play this season with UCF visiting Penn State on Sept. 14 for a 6 p.m. game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County authorities investigate suspected homicide in Blairsville
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- Toomey joins chorus criticizing Goddard College for inviting Abu-Jamal to speak
- Coroner identifies Cranberry woman who died in McConnells Mill fall
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery sent explicit emails
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Smoke reported in Evans City police office
- Police: Westmoreland man dead of gunshot had fired at state troopers during pursuit