Penn State football schedule set for 2016 and '17
College Football Videos
The Big Ten announced Thursday its football schedules for 2016 and '17, marking the beginning of the new nine-game conference season and giving Penn State five home games in the even-numbered years and four in the odd-numbered seasons.
With nine Big Ten games, the Nittany Lions will play the other six members of the conference's Eastern Division and three teams from the Western Division. The Lions will play at Rutgers on Nov. 19, 2016, and host the Scarlet Knights on Nov. 11, 2017, at Beaver Stadium.
In 2016, Penn State will host Minnesota, Maryland, Ohio State, Iowa and Michigan State and have nonconference games at Beaver Stadium against Temple and Kent State. On the road, the Lions will face Michigan, Purdue, Indiana and Rutgers and will renew their series with Pitt at Heinz Field.
The Panthers come to Happy Valley in 2017, when Penn State also will host Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers and Nebraska. The Nittany Lions will travel to Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan State and Maryland. The Lions also will play Akron at home in 2017 and have another home game to be scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli gets 1st career DH start
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- When it comes to walking, Pittsburgh’s Venture Outdoors has much to offer
- In visit to Washington Wild Things, Rose talks, but not about betting
- Obama Academy senior Marnie Quick is finalist at Jimmy Awards for theater
- 3 injured as crash ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- Day-old baby dropped at Uniontown hospital by nurse
- The Wine Cellar: Celebrate your pursuit of happiness with a good wine