Penn State football team adds 2 recruits to Class of 2015
College Football Videos
The commitments keep coming for Penn State — and they keep coming from within the commonwealth.
Two prospects made verbal commitments to the Nittany Lions on Monday, meaning Penn State's Class of 2015 already is six players deep.
Linebacker Jake Cooper from Archbishop Wood High in Warminster and defensive end Ryan Buchholz from Great Valley High in Malvern are the third and fourth recruits from Pennsylvania. The Lions' 2014 class had three in-state players.
Cooper (6-foot-2, 226 pounds) and Buchholz (6-6, 230) are rated three stars by Rivals.com. According to the site, both had more than 10 scholarship offers: Cooper's included Virginia, Georgia Tech and Pitt, and Buchholz had offers from, among others, six Big Ten schools, WVU and Pitt.
Buchholz committed to PSU nine days after his high school teammate, offensive lineman Ryan Bates. Archbishop Wood is the reigning PIAA Class AAA champion.
Neither of the Monday commitments was considered a surprise, except, perhaps, for the timing of them. Only one of Penn State's 25 signees for 2014 had committed by this point last year.
A source confirmed another high-profile, in-state 2015 prospect, (Harrisburg) Bishop McDevitt High running back Andre Robinson, also was on campus Monday. Robinson is a consensus four-star recruit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- Islamic State group pushed out of Syria’s Kobani
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Drops in gasoline prices won’t likely last, analysts say
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K