PSU's Hackenberg on O'Brien Award watch list
College Football Videos
Penn State's Christian Hackenberg is one of five true sophomores on the 33-player preseason watch list for the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award.
Hackenberg, the reigning Big Ten Freshman of the Year, had 2,955 passing yards and 20 touchdown passes last season. Todd Blackledge (1982) and Kerry Collins (1994) are previous Nittany Lions winners of the award.
Penn State also announced that its home opener Sept. 6 against Akron will kick off at noon. Coach James Franklin's Beaver Stadium debut will be broadcast on ABC regionally. The undefeated 1994 team will be honored at halftime.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase
- It’s official: Volquez to start Wednesday for Pirates