Big East announces Pitt basketball schedule for 2012-13
By Jerry DiPaola
Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 1:10 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, July 5, 2012
Pitt's Big East men's basketball schedule for next season, released today, will include a trip to Louisville, a Final Four team in last season's NCAA Tournament, and home-and-home games against Marquette and Cincinnati, both of whom advanced to the Sweet 16.
Pitt will play nine home games and nine away from the Petersen Events Center during the conference regular season. Home opponents will be Cincinnati, Connecticut, DePaul, Marquette, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, South Florida, Villanova and 2012 regular-season champion Syracuse.
Road games will be at Cincinnati, DePaul, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, Providence, Rutgers, St. John's and Villanova.
For the sixth consecutive season, Pitt will play an 18-game Big East regular-season schedule and will face each of the 14 opponents at least once. The Big East Tournament is scheduled for March 12-16 at Madison Square Garden.
Pitt's entire 2012-13 men's basketball schedule will be released at a later date.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7997.
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- Pitt wins Big East Tournament opener, faces Notre Dame on Thursday
- Pitt baseball loses, has tough road to Big East final
- Pitt stays alive in Big East baseball tournament with 12-inning win over Seton Hall
- Pitt’s McConnell-Serio adds sister to coaching staff
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Omaha and College World Series the goal for Pitt baseball team
- Pitt coach Chryst holds players to high standards on, off field
- Pitt baseball team has a lot at stake
- Ford City grad Dylan Wolsonovich aids in Pitt’s resurgence
- 3 players, including former Sto-Rox star, leaving Pitt football team
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.