Basketball recruits Newkirk, Young sign with Pitt
Pitt basketball coach Jamie Dixon announced the signings of guard Josh Newkirk and forward Michael Young to national letters of intent Saturday.
Newkirk, of Raleigh, N.C., is a highly-regarded point guard who averaged 15.2 points as a junior at Word of God Christian Academy (18-6).
Young, a 6-foot-8, 225-pound forward, is a native of McKeesport. As a junior at Hudson Catholic High School, Young was an All-Hudson County First Team pick who averaged 15.9 points and 11.6 rebounds.
— Karen Price
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Miami coach Golden shrugs off recent losses as Pitt visits
- Pitt’s Dixon searching for answers in Maui
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Pitt prepares for speedy Miami with bowl eligibility on the line
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input
- Senior running back Bennett quietly filled role during Pitt career
- Pitt center Randall rebounds from injury
- Young Pitt secondary has no fear; will be tested against Duke
- Penn State wrestling gets best of Pitt again