Basketball recruits Newkirk, Young sign with Pitt
Pitt basketball coach Jamie Dixon announced the signings of guard Josh Newkirk and forward Michael Young to national letters of intent Saturday.
Newkirk, of Raleigh, N.C., is a highly-regarded point guard who averaged 15.2 points as a junior at Word of God Christian Academy (18-6).
Young, a 6-foot-8, 225-pound forward, is a native of McKeesport. As a junior at Hudson Catholic High School, Young was an All-Hudson County First Team pick who averaged 15.9 points and 11.6 rebounds.
— Karen Price
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pitt expecting to see zone defense on the road against Va. Tech
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Juco center Nix looks to fill void at Pitt
- Pitt suffers loss at home in first ACC meeting against Louisville
- Junior-college DE interested in signing with Pitt
- Pitt notebook: Pitino: This year’s Pitt team not as talented as past years
- Pitt offers scholarship to Pine-Richland QB DiNucci
- Pitt’s Johnson to have shoulder surgery
- In recruiting, Pitt, Penn State make ‘social’ commentary
- Ohio linebacker commits to Pitt