Basketball recruits Newkirk, Young sign with Pitt
Pitt basketball coach Jamie Dixon announced the signings of guard Josh Newkirk and forward Michael Young to national letters of intent Saturday.
Newkirk, of Raleigh, N.C., is a highly-regarded point guard who averaged 15.2 points as a junior at Word of God Christian Academy (18-6).
Young, a 6-foot-8, 225-pound forward, is a native of McKeesport. As a junior at Hudson Catholic High School, Young was an All-Hudson County First Team pick who averaged 15.9 points and 11.6 rebounds.
— Karen Price
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pitt senior Weatherspoon’s work ethic second to none
- Pitt’s obscure opener still matters
- Seton-La Salle grad Orndoff excited about his role in Pitt offense
- Pitt takes part in government concussion study
- Greensburg Central influence follows Delaware quarterback
- Pitt coordinator House rebuilds defense with depth
- Pitt’s ACC men’s basketball schedule announced