Basketball recruits Newkirk, Young sign with Pitt
Pitt basketball coach Jamie Dixon announced the signings of guard Josh Newkirk and forward Michael Young to national letters of intent Saturday.
Newkirk, of Raleigh, N.C., is a highly-regarded point guard who averaged 15.2 points as a junior at Word of God Christian Academy (18-6).
Young, a 6-foot-8, 225-pound forward, is a native of McKeesport. As a junior at Hudson Catholic High School, Young was an All-Hudson County First Team pick who averaged 15.9 points and 11.6 rebounds.
— Karen Price
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- Pitt’s obscure opener still matters
- Pitt senior Weatherspoon’s work ethic second to none
- Pitt coordinator House rebuilds defense with depth
- Panthers ramp up respect quotient for Delaware
- FSU star QB Winston working to improve on, off field
- Seton-La Salle grad Orndoff excited about his role in Pitt offense
- Greensburg Central influence follows Delaware quarterback
- Pitt’s Conner to play as pass rusher on 3rd downs when not at running back
- Pitt notebook: Freshmen figure to play integral role again