Chryst dismisses DB Williams; 2 more Pitt players to transfer
Pitt coach Paul Chryst has dismissed defensive back Steve Williams from the team for disciplinary reasons. Williams, a redshirt freshman from Savannah, Ga., did not appear in a game this season.
Also, two other redshirt freshmen, linebacker Jason Frimpong of Irving, Texas, and defensive back Roderick Ryles of Orlando, Fla., have left the team and been given permission to transfer. Neither played this season, but Frimpong was competing for a starting job at outside linebacker in training camp.
All three players were part of the former coach Todd Graham's 2011 recruiting class. Eight players from that 21-man class have left the team or been dismissed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- Pitt senior Weatherspoon’s work ethic second to none
- Pitt’s obscure opener still matters
- Pitt coordinator House rebuilds defense with depth
- FSU star QB Winston working to improve on, off field
- Seton-La Salle grad Orndoff excited about his role in Pitt offense
- Panthers ramp up respect quotient for Delaware
- Pitt’s Chryst names Voytik starting quarterback