Chryst dismisses DB Williams; 2 more Pitt players to transfer
Pitt coach Paul Chryst has dismissed defensive back Steve Williams from the team for disciplinary reasons. Williams, a redshirt freshman from Savannah, Ga., did not appear in a game this season.
Also, two other redshirt freshmen, linebacker Jason Frimpong of Irving, Texas, and defensive back Roderick Ryles of Orlando, Fla., have left the team and been given permission to transfer. Neither played this season, but Frimpong was competing for a starting job at outside linebacker in training camp.
All three players were part of the former coach Todd Graham's 2011 recruiting class. Eight players from that 21-man class have left the team or been dismissed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Pitt’s Dixon expecting more from point guard Robinson
- Pitt notebook: Zone-read plays suit Voytik’s strengths
- Starkey: No harm putting Pitt’s Conner on defense
- Pitt notebook: Voytik recovers despite pressure
- Pitt Gameday: Panthers seek midseason reboot in attempt to regain footing
- Pitt releases 2015, 2016 non-conference football schedules
- Pitt football notebook: RB James Conner says he’ll play DE vs. Virginia Tech
- Now with Va. Tech, fate tests former Wash High running back McKenzie
- Pitt bounces back with win over Virginia Tech