Chryst dismisses DB Williams; 2 more Pitt players to transfer
Pitt coach Paul Chryst has dismissed defensive back Steve Williams from the team for disciplinary reasons. Williams, a redshirt freshman from Savannah, Ga., did not appear in a game this season.
Also, two other redshirt freshmen, linebacker Jason Frimpong of Irving, Texas, and defensive back Roderick Ryles of Orlando, Fla., have left the team and been given permission to transfer. Neither played this season, but Frimpong was competing for a starting job at outside linebacker in training camp.
All three players were part of the former coach Todd Graham's 2011 recruiting class. Eight players from that 21-man class have left the team or been dismissed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Penn State wrestling gets best of Pitt again
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- Pitt found opponent it had hoped for in Hawaii
- Pitt turns its attention to possible bowl
- Pressure mounts on Pitt coach Chryst as 3rd season will soon end
- Murrysville native Hickey carves out fine career on O-line with Syracuse
- Pitt secondary coach Douglas makes needed adjustments
- Pitt notebook: Running back Conner showing no signs of slowing down