Chryst dismisses DB Williams; 2 more Pitt players to transfer
By Jerry DiPaola
Published: Monday, Nov. 26, 2012, 9:38 a.m.
Pitt coach Paul Chryst has dismissed defensive back Steve Williams from the team for disciplinary reasons. Williams, a redshirt freshman from Savannah, Ga., did not appear in a game this season.
Also, two other redshirt freshmen, linebacker Jason Frimpong of Irving, Texas, and defensive back Roderick Ryles of Orlando, Fla., have left the team and been given permission to transfer. Neither played this season, but Frimpong was competing for a starting job at outside linebacker in training camp.
All three players were part of the former coach Todd Graham's 2011 recruiting class. Eight players from that 21-man class have left the team or been dismissed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt QB Savage turns down NYC invite to NFL Draft
- Donald turns down New York invite for NFL Draft
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- Pitt wraps up spring football practice with closeness, competition
- Pitt running back calls pain in his sprained left knee a ‘minor setback’
- Pitt football notebook: Bennett to undergo shoulder surgery
- Pitt displays football program for fans as spring practice closes